April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

16 Feb 2021 21:58 - 16 Feb 2021 22:08 #33719 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
You probably have the wrong kind of mouse. I did some reading up on computer mice before ordering a new one, and they said you should have a good gaming mouse to play games. Preferably one in the 100 pounds range. :dry:

I got one for less than 10 pounds, myself...

Oh and I'm not sure whether I regret buying Witcher 3 or not.... I haven't tried playing it but it was at it's lowest ever cost so in that respect it was a good buy. But there's a new game that seems just my kind of thing that costs about the same.... or rather with a 20% discount it costs as much as Witcher usually does when on sale... It's called Founders something.... :dry: Anyway, it's cutesy, it's village building and even designing your own houses in game, and apparently mod friendly to boot. Not sure if I should get it or wait and see if it's sold even cheaper in the future :P

EDIT: Founders' Fortune

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Feb 2021 22:37 - 16 Feb 2021 22:38 #33720 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Trials is all keyboard no mouse.
In fact it's just four keys really. Two for Throttle, Brake/Reverse and two more to shift the rider's weight forward or back.
Part of me is thinking that it may be better to use a controller. With those devices the weight shifting is mapped to the triggers which are usually analog controls which you can press a little or a lot, whereas the keyboard is all or nothing. Perhaps that's why I can't maintain wheelies for so long.
But it's much more likely that I'm just not that good. :lol:

You shouldn't regret Witcher 3. Even though it's fun to joke about all the glitches it's still an excellent game and a big one too with a massive world and lots of things to do. :)

Oh, and my mouse was about seven or eight pounds.
I did once get one for a single coin from Poundland but, like most things from that shop, it didn't last long. :lol:

17 Feb 2021 18:54 #33726 by Charlotte
:blink:
A friend of mine was shocked to hear my now dearly departed mouse was almost 10 years old... Apparently she used to wear hers out in a matter of months... (Though her latest was a different brand and has lasted for at least a year...)

I'm flabbergasted. Unless that means you have gas. :dry: It kind of sunds like it does.... :S

17 Feb 2021 19:20 #33727 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
I think I've only ever had one mouse actually stop working in my entire life :dry: What are people doing with them to destroy them?

17 Feb 2021 19:27 #33728 by Charlotte
uhm.... Apparently I scroll too much. Plus the cats keep pushing it to the floor and there's hair stuck in it...
In her case - clicking too much. Possibly cat interference as well.

17 Feb 2021 19:31 #33729 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
:eyeroll:

17 Feb 2021 22:15 #33731 by Valence

I think I've only ever had one mouse actually stop working in my entire life :dry: What are people doing with them to destroy them?

You've never got one from Poundland then. :lol:

I've only ever had three ... I think.
The first one didn't have a scroll wheel so when I saw the cheapo one WITH a wheel I wanted to try it.
And once you've "wheeled" you don't go back, so after it quickly fell apart I had to buy a slightly less cheap one. :)

I decided I wouldn't play Trials today after wasting too many hours this week. But "somehow" I found myself playing it again. It's a mystery. :dunno:

And two hours later I was soooo close to another Platinum on a different track. I'm about half a second off and in one of my last runs I got a bit of rhythm going across the bumps, hit the landings on the jumps, I was over a second up on previous times and... then I accidentally hit the reset key with a lazy little finger and got shunted back to the last checkpoint! :rage:
I almost felt like crying. :lol:

17 Feb 2021 22:43 #33733 by Charlotte
*hits the wrong keys at the wrong times all the time*

17 Feb 2021 22:50 #33734 by Valence
At least you can blame it on the cats. :cry:

17 Feb 2021 22:54 #33735 by Charlotte
Dustbunnies? :dry: (Just a suggestion)