Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

24 Sep 2020 02:33 - 24 Sep 2020 02:43 #31162 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Right then.
It is time. :stare:
Do or die. etc. Hopefully without the die bit. :dry:

I fly over there and move my raft a little further away, just in case something bad happens, then I can respawn with a bit of distance between me and you-know-who.
Then- My internet cuts out! :rage:

Behold the joys of cloud gaming and streaming. :eyeroll:
Close everything down. Reboot the router. Wait for the little green arrow to turn blue and 15 minutes later than planned here we go again. :pirate:

Log in. Relaunch the game and I'm relieved to discover that I'm still alive on the raft. So, back on the Pteranodon and up onto that high, safe rock. I manage to dismount without falling off. I take aim and BANG!
Here he comes! :eek:

And so it begins.
Much aiming and shooting follows.
First he got a bit stuck between those two smaller rocks, which was nice, I could just pick him off at will. But then he started circling at the base of the big rock and I couldn't really aim straight down over the edge so I had to wait for him to get bored, walk away and get shot again. :evil:
Again he came running back and circling around. Then he went over to my raft so I had to turn round and fire past my waiting Pteranodon but he wasn't spooked.
I was getting some good shots in too. A good close head shot was doing 588 damage so I wasn't going to use all those bullets. I just needed him to stay where he was visible. And there he is again. Bang! :)
I could tell his health was getting down cos he was looking a bit bloody. Just pop your head up again please?

And then I heard the fast beat of approaching steps and a fearful squawk!
Noooo! He'd got up on the rock. Somehow! :unsure:
As he attacked he knocked us both off down to the ground. I had set the Pteranodon's behaviour to cowardly passive so that he'd fly away but the alpha was too quick and killed him right there. Thankfully the distraction allowed me to get off a couple more shots and "double-thankfully" the alpha's health was pretty low by then, so I got my revenge...

Poor Skywing. :cry:
On the plus side there are lots of Pteranodons around here so I quickly managed to bola one and started taming with the meat I'd just acquired. Had to wait through the night on the mainland beach which was a bit worrying but no more raptors came, so by the morning I had a new replacement friend. Skywing may be gone but Skyrider lives on...

Now I just have to try and level up his stamina and carry weight again.
Oh, and look, I've got a nice T-Rex skull hat. The alpha drops some "special" loot. :)
And now the beach is a little bit safer, so I may have more luck searching for nearby Dodos.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Sep 2020 09:12 #31163 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
And you still don't have a roof :P

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

24 Sep 2020 11:49 #31164 by Valence
It's like a convertible car. You just leave the top down so that you can enjoy the sun rain. :rain:

I still don't know how that dino got up that rock, I felt like I was experiencing some Roadrunner physics as he raced up at me. :lol:
Just glad he didn't get up there sooner as I would have lost everything.

24 Sep 2020 12:03 #31165 by Charlotte
Told you you weren't safe up there... :confident:

24 Sep 2020 19:49 #31169 by Valence
That's why everyone should listen to you. :aha:

24 Sep 2020 20:41 #31171 by Charlotte
Exactly! :woohoo:

25 Sep 2020 01:35 - 25 Sep 2020 01:38 #31177 by Valence
There is now a female Dodo on my safe island. :excited:

I had a nice long flap about along the beach of the mainland in both directions. To the west was that large Spino that I'd successfully avoided when sailing out here so I avoided it again and went the other way to Drayo's Cove. That looks a nice little place and it was surprisingly populated. There were a few friendlies panicking so there must be the odd predator around and with that in mind I stayed hovering high up while keeping an eye out for Dodos. Think I saw some Gallimimuses down there, haven't seen them before! But no Dodo. Dodon't, you might say.
So I went back towards the raft and watched a few little Compys down below and then... That sound? Was that a little gobbly Dodo noise?
It was!
Just one, all on its own. Punched it. Berried it. Picked it up and took it back to my Pteranodon and then tried the aerial pick-up trick while flying. It took a few dive-bombing swoops to grab it but grab it I did and then we flew it over the waters.

I then started to plan out where to make my little Dodo pen. I got all the resources I'd prepared. Planted the pillar and then tried to attach the thatch wall to it and... Hmm, that doesn't work. :hmm:
I may have prepared the wrong kind of resources for this. :oops:
Let's have a look through the engrams again.

Should I have been using fence posts/foundations instead? Oh well. Back to some wood chopping. :shrug:
Attachments:

25 Sep 2020 08:15 #31178 by Charlotte
yup fence foundations, plus thatch walls. Though thatch foundations might work too - dodos seem to climb those readily as long as there's no roof.... uhm, so.... you could just have it indoors :P And don't forget the feeding trough ! (I'm guessing they will eventually starve without food...)

25 Sep 2020 11:42 #31185 by Valence
You have to feed them too?
I get a bit confused about feeding. I've never fed my Parasaurs or my Ankylosaur, they seem to feed themselves, but sometimes the Pteranodon's food bar does get a bit low so I have to put some meat in its inventory.

While grabbing this weeks' freebie (which I'm not really that interested in) I noticed that Rocket League is now free to play too.

25 Sep 2020 11:59 #31186 by Charlotte
well if you walk around with them, they can feed on what they carry. But if you put them in a pen with nothing to forage... Yes, they do need food. Eventually. I think.