April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

10 Sep 2020 19:02 #31015 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

could only think Marcus, but that was no good.

:dry: Think I've been told that before.

It got creepy with him always being there right behind me.

:unsure: Think I've been told that before.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Sep 2020 20:13 #31016 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
:blink:
oh dear.

Anyway, regarding the rain - I've stopped playing for today so I'd say... yes? Taking down the "loft" was another one of those annoying things. I started with the ladder and then... I couldn't reach to demolish the other bits. So I placed a new ladder, from which I couldn't move so that I could get the menu for the other pieces and I took it down again. Built a ramp against the wall, took down two pieces and apparently that cause the last piece to come crashing down too, although it was supported by both ceiling and pillar.... Managed to take the ramp back before the pickup time ran out at least, so I didn't have to demolish that too...

I wouldn't mind doing more exploring except for the constantly getting killed bits. :blush:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

10 Sep 2020 20:26 #31017 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming

I wouldn't mind doing more exploring except for the constantly getting killed bits. :blush:

Get a flying thing! That isn't a floaty pipe. :)

I've had "fun" with updates today. :eyeroll:
First I had to quit painting cos ArtRage was slowing down due to Windows Update taking nearly all of the CPU power.
So after that had finished I went to the Epic Launcher to see this week's freebies and it insisted on downloading a big GTA update, even though I wasn't playing it and it was probably for the online multiplayer version anyway which I don't bother with.
Then I went to play Enderal and it needed an ... update. :giveup:

Finally I got to play it and successfully killed a noisy monster for someone and in return acquired that goofy looking donkey to ride around on...

And it seems like Whirlwind has never seen a pig's backside before. :blink:
Attachments:

10 Sep 2020 20:43 #31020 by Charlotte
Whirlwind.... your choice of name or someone else's? :D

10 Sep 2020 21:13 #31021 by Valence
That's what he's called when you get him. You can change it, but why change perfection? :)

10 Sep 2020 21:53 #31022 by Charlotte
Indeed.

But speaking of changing names, I think I will call my Moschops Morot. It's swedish for carrot and he's kinda orangey with a bit of green on top, so that should suit him. And it's not human-y. :P

11 Sep 2020 01:19 - 11 Sep 2020 01:45 #31023 by Valence
Made it to Herbivore Island! :rock:

I rather liked the look of that big south east coast and thought it might be a good idea to make the another base there and just repeatedly fly over to the little island. Then I saw a raptor bounding along on the beach in that scarily quick way and I thought nope. :nope:
Just sail for the island. Make a dash for it and hope for the best.

Didn't get troubled in the deep waters but once I'd arrived I saw lots of big fishies swimming around. And they get a little too close for comfort!

And yes, they do sometimes get stuck on those rocks. :lol:
But I saw a Tek Stego too! :woohoo:

That looks great at night wandering around.
But before night fell I flapped on up the hill to try and find some proper metal rocks. And they're yellow!

This one was FULL yellow but some other ones had streaks that looked like paint. So I chipped away and got soooo much metal. Hundreds. You can over-encumber yourself just with metal in seconds! :thumbup:

The island is smaller than I thought but I think I've found a place that's buildable once I clear out the trees. And not too close to the hill and cliffs cos I don't want to mess up the metal spawning. :dry:
But I am now super scared of the big Moby Dick things. I think I just got lucky sailing over here and I don't know how I'm gonna get back. I'll certainly have to take all my resources off the raft before I try to move it again. :(
Attachments:

11 Sep 2020 07:31 #31024 by Charlotte
Why is it like that in games? The first time you try something you get lucky and avoid all the baddies and after that you just cannot do the same thing again... :dry:
Better just stay on that island. Farm, fish, build a castle :P
A very small castle. :dry:

11 Sep 2020 11:48 #31025 by Valence
I haven't actually tried to sail back yet so perhaps I'm worrying about nothing. But I know that when that big fishy fin attacks there's no way for me to survive. I've been reading up on them and they don't attack you if you're swimming and you can scrape enormous amounts of fish meat from them. They just hate rafts. So if I do get sunk I think the best option is to respawn/fast travel back to my old home and build another raft and keep it close to the coast then just fly to the island.
Which of course was my initial plan. :dry:

I just panicked when I saw the raptor on the mainland and then made a quick, bad decision and Ark does make you pay for bad decisions. :)
It is a nice little place though. It's only smaller than I expected because it's shaped like a crescent with a large bay area (that isn't clear on the maps) but I think there's room for one of my kind of "castles". Haven't seen any Dodos there yet so you may have to bring your own.

Meanwhile... A recent update of GFN added that Ansel photo mode thing for screenshots which allows you to mess around with filters, depth of field, FOV and a bit of limited camera movements while the game is frozen. So I had a play around with it in Witcher 3 trying to get a decent "photo".

That was the best I could manage but I hope to get better at it. :P
Attachments:

11 Sep 2020 12:16 #31026 by Charlotte
Would be a charming view if it wasn't for the.... dead? guy... :dry: