April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

19 Dec 2017 14:14 #19641 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Bumble!

oh wait. I misread. Nevermind :blush:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Dec 2017 14:39 #19649 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Beehave, Charlotte.

19 Dec 2017 14:49 #19651 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
:giggle:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

19 Dec 2017 21:43 #19656 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic Gaming
Awesome! I’ve been wanting that! Thanks banj

09 Jan 2018 14:57 #19807 by Valence
My latest, bargain-bucket, single-coin purchase, obsolete game is.... Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb!
Hey, it's not Fate Of Atlantis but it's Indy, what could go wrong.
Enjoying it so far. The graphics and animation are a bit ropey in places, I was gonna criticise them more for not being up to the standard of the similar era and theme of Tomb Raider Legend (which I loved and played to death back in the day) but it seems that the Indy game predates it a bit so I'll let it off. :)
I quite like the mood and the rather casual combat (I don't like any of my games to be too realistic in a punishing way, I like baddies to die quick and my cars to corner easily, preferably with the assistance of magic walls with big flashing arrows!)
But I do find myself yearning for more cut scenes. Not to the extent of Metal Gear Solid though, just enough to keep you engrossed in the story.

09 Jan 2018 20:17 #19808 by kazky
I’m not sure i’ve played that Val, how does it start?

09 Jan 2018 21:47 #19809 by Valence
It's not a pointy-click one like Fate Of Atlantis, it's much more like a Tomb Raider game, which is why it's so tempting to compare it.
It starts in Ceylon with Indy looking for some idol, although there's not any explanation of what and why. But I have now just got it (after struggling to avoid the massive alligator!) and with that first chapter over it has now treated me to a couple of cut scenes to get the story going, the first involving a rather camp Nazi who was dispatched into the alligator's mouth :) and then a Chinese chap and his lovely assistant appeared to tell me about the Emperor's Tomb, a black pearl called The Dragon's Heart and something called the Mirror of Dreams, one third of which was part of the idol I've just acquired! Or something like that.
Anyway, I'm now at a castle in Prague punching some more Nazis whilst trying not to lose my hat. I love the way that it falls off during fights and then you have to go wandering around looking for it on the floor. :lol:

09 Jan 2018 23:08 #19810 by kazky
Ah I know which one you mean now, I think we had it, but as you say not my kind of game so I didn’t play it

10 Jan 2018 12:29 #19812 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

But I do find myself yearning for more cut scenes. Not to the extent of Metal Gear Solid though, just enough to keep you engrossed in the story.

I think the extended cut of the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy are shorter than some of the cut scenes in Metal Gear Solid.

14 Feb 2018 13:01 #20243 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
"Make us whole..."

The awesome Dead Space is free on Origin right now: www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/store/free-games/on-the-house :argh: :eek: :zombie: