April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

29 Jun 2020 20:32 #29910 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
I find that the parasaur makes crossing water a *little* easier because the right-click Ping detects all the underwater meanies that you wouldn't normally see from the beach. I try not to go in the water without it. :confident:
But that's because I'm a coward. :lol:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Jun 2020 01:47 - 30 Jun 2020 02:02 #29911 by Valence
OK, to prepare for my dangerous encounter I backtracked to a safer area on the beach and planted a sleeping bag for safe respawning. I left my friend Dirge there and set about crafting a bow, 20 or so arrows and one of those spiky walls. At this point I saw what I think was a Bronto strutting down the coast...

Haven't seen one of those before. I think it's a Brontosaurus but I didn't get close enough to confirm because I read that they're not as "friendly" as the Diplodocus and I had other things to do anyway.
So off I went on foot to stalk that possible Carno. I sneaked up the path, round the rocks, across the raised peninsula, was a little spooked by a smaller baddie (either Dilo or a little raptor) that just ran straight past me without getting interested. I crept through a small gap between a couple of bigger rocks and saw... that it wasn't there any more.
It must have wandered off the other way into the trees.
Now's my chance! :woohoo:

I ran back to Dirge, and I mean proper running, sprinting with shift pressed down as far as it would go, hopped on my Parasaur and then galloped it back like I was in the Grand National.
And with no big predator or gloomy rain to get in the way of my view I could see that there was a lovely narrow place to cross the water down there....

...and even though it's hard to see on the screenie, there were some of those weirdly coloured things over there too! :lol:

After making the crossing I found myself being smugly pleased with the place...

It's quite a nice open space with plenty of trees just behind for wood, a few big stones that offered a tiny bit of metal and a selection of friendly dinosaurs that could be a nice distraction if one of those bigger predators comes by. OK there were a couple of Dilophosaurs being annoying but I scared them off by testing out the Parasaur roar. Well, it's more of a bark really but it does the job. :thumbup:
So... this may be the location for my first attempt at building! :)

EDIT: And I feel sad for your Parasaur. I still miss Doggo too. :cry:
But I'm happy for your saddle! :fly:
Attachments:

30 Jun 2020 12:17 #29912 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

And with no big predator or gloomy rain to get in the way of my view I could see that there was a lovely narrow place to cross the water down there....

That right there on the beach below the cliff under the woods is where I set up base. And where you are standing in the next screenshot you posted is where my body was forever being torn to pieces in a cloud of blood. There's a waterfall over there and you can get some honey from a bee hive on a ledge. :dead:

30 Jun 2020 12:21 #29913 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
unless the bees eat you first?

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

30 Jun 2020 12:25 #29914 by Banj
Drop onto ledge, take honey, drop into water, swim to shore unharmed, go fishing.

30 Jun 2020 12:44 #29917 by Charlotte
or drop into water, get eaten by piranhas, more like....

30 Jun 2020 13:56 #29926 by Valence
You're making me scared again. And it looks like such a nice place. Maybe I should just go back to the safety of that spawn point.

And bees?!
I don't like bees. :pout:

30 Jun 2020 14:08 #29928 by Banj
It was a pretty good location with decent resources
Warning: Spoiler!
, and the bees weren't a problem at all. Unfortunately the other direction (north I think) from there is Florida where you have crocodiles and leeches and snails and bugs and a load of other things that will kill you to death instantly.

To quote the worm from Labyrinth "Don't go that way, never go that way".

30 Jun 2020 14:30 #29930 by Charlotte
So.... you start your game on the southern beach, and then you never go north. Got it.

30 Jun 2020 14:36 #29931 by Banj
Build a raft and go south. Then get eaten by whatever lurks in the depths out there.