April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

27 Jun 2020 18:33 #29865 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming

a trap using yourself as bait... :dry: what an excellent idea...

Exactly!
When you put it that way it sounds like genius! :lol:
As long as I put the sleeping bag in the right place, I can lead it away a certain distance (depending on how fast it can run) then die, respawn at the sleeping bag, get back on my safely waiting dino and cross the water wherever I like before the angry thing comes back. :idea:

Unfortunately it'll run way faster than me, won't it? :facepalm:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Jun 2020 18:48 #29868 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Well, I've run quite a distance with raptors on my tail...
so maybe it'll work. just watch out for piranhas.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

27 Jun 2020 21:05 - 28 Jun 2020 02:32 #29870 by Valence
Spent a bit of time in Enderal this evening and my first challenge was to return a potion to a crazy woman but I must have returned at the wrong time cos she just wouldn't talk to me! First she was "bathing" in a rather large puddle by the Mayor's house. Take the potion! But no, I'm disrupting her energy apparently. :dry:
Finally she got out of the water but still wouldn't talk to me and instead went to dance with the cows. :blink:

See?
Crazy woman! :stare:
I managed to chase her down when her antics were over and only then would she take the stuff off my hands and she gave me a "magic" skull in return. Taking into account her craziness I doubt if the skull is magic in any usable way. :dry:

I then had to take on a very long walk to a nearby city...

Coincidentally the city is called Ark! But there are no dinosaurs there. :lol:
Looks pretty impressive close up too. There are times when it's really hard to believe that it's a fan-made freebie. :)
Attachments:

28 Jun 2020 07:53 #29874 by Charlotte
"Kassandi the Physician took the wrong medicine and died"
:ohmy:
I guess that's what happens to doctors who don't get any patients... Or perhaps rather, the patients were right not to go to that doctor...

I think I migt endeavor a bit more ARK today. Buut I really oughth to get back to painting.... TWO DAYS LEFT!? :argh: when did that happen!?

28 Jun 2020 11:30 #29877 by Valence
Two days?! I'd better hurry up and fini- Oh, yeah. :P

Get some painting done and reward yourself with a trip to the peaceful, predator-free Herbivore Island. :)

And don't take the wrong medicine! :stare:

28 Jun 2020 12:50 #29879 by Charlotte

Two days?! I'd better hurry up and fini- Oh, yeah. :P

:stare:

I have painted some, today. I rebuilt the bg model yesterday I think it was... or the day before. Stupidly I didn't SAVE it so I'm stuck with the one view of it that I used in the painting... And today I've tried the shading bit 5 times or so... I've done enough now to think I'll stick with it (this shading attempt that is), but it's still too warm here :( My arm keeps getting stuck to the tablet...

I think it rained twice today, for a total of 3 minutes maybe. Luckily it's supposed to be below 20 degrees most of next week. I can't wait! :woohoo:

28 Jun 2020 15:01 #29880 by Valence

Luckily it's supposed to be below 20 degrees most of next week. I can't wait! :woohoo:

That's what we like to hear. :aha:

28 Jun 2020 17:19 #29881 by Charlotte
Meanwhile, I have tamed three lysowhatsits and one parasaur. The parasaur, of course, is still stuck in a rock... (I cleared the clearable rocks, but it's stuck in the"bedrock" so to speak... The dodos are still pooping to their hearts' content... I've restored most settings to default... but they still poop... :dry:

Oh and I made two recipes! :)

28 Jun 2020 17:53 #29882 by Valence
Give it a saddle and ride it out of the rock. :rock: :lol:

I'm still plotting possible ways to kill the bigger predators at my level. Just watched an interesting video about trapping them behind the wooden spike wall and taking them out from a safe distance on the other side. :hmm:

I didn't even know about the wooden spike wall. :dumb:
Or if I did, I've forgotten about it.

I think I may backtrack a little further to a slightly safer area first and take the time to craft some bows and arrows. I haven't really used them yet seeing as I'm always addicted to the Big Bash method.

28 Jun 2020 18:12 #29883 by Charlotte
Can you ride it out of a stuck position? I guess I need more hides, then. I hatched two baby dodos - one died while I was looking after the other and the other is now fully grown and apparently unkillable... It's got 40 HP and I attacked it with my metal axe and it just squawked. And I think the parasaur thinks baby dodos are threats.... :dry:

I also tried to google (because I couldn't find anything about having problems killing your dodos on the wiki) butchering raised animals for meat (well, hides, mostly, in my case) and found a thread where someone asked about farming for meat, and he was totally shot down nby everyone saying he just just get a raptor or a T rex, let them go out to hunt for 30 minutes and you'd be all set. No need to farm. (Like people can't play the game how they want? Besides, I need to get meat enough to tame one of them predators first!)

For traps does it even need to be spiked walls? Wooden walls should hold them too (but perhaps the spike walls require less resources - it does require hides though, so as usual I'm reluctant to make them)

well, time to go back and try to kill that dodo again... (why does it have to make this so hard!?)