March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Gaming

24 Jun 2020 21:15 #29828 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Yeah I searched for a map early on after getting confused by the ingame map and the way that it marks the Weathertop plateau as blue as if it's water. I got very lost while looking for that nonexistent lake.

This has all the names, but I don't know why one is circled. :hmm:

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Jun 2020 21:40 #29829 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
I've only been to the southern part of the southern islets so far :P

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

24 Jun 2020 22:23 - 24 Jun 2020 22:26 #29830 by Valence
Oh and I forgot to answer, I've only been attacked by one bird, don't know what kind, it was just the other day at the spawn point after I got poisoned. Didn't seem too bad and my Parasaur snapped at it until it went away. It was a bit like being at the seaside when an angry seagull tries to steal your chips. :lol:
Perhaps I was wrong to be scared of those other birds. I'm just a big coward really. :)

What's this Banished game you're playing now? I don't know much about that one.

Edit: and looking back at that map... Herbivore Island sounds peaceful. :P

24 Jun 2020 23:08 #29831 by Charlotte
Banished is one of those "build a village" games I got quite a while back now. I didn't care too much about the graphics,they're kinda dull, so I didn't play much, but lately I've been giving it another go. I always start from the beginning though - I think I have a saved game or two, but I always think the start is the most interesting :P

And this round.... my people started dying of old age... They don't produce babies nearly fast enough :dry:
I kept my eye on one woman and she went from 30 in spring to 34 come early winter. :huh: I guess that means the kids grow up faster, too, but it still seems wrong, to me... I mean, if they have settled for a (real life) time that a year lasts, why not use that for villager years too? If they think villagers need to quit working sooner, kill them off at 70 instead of a hundred (or force them to retire when too old to work...)

And my miners manage to produce a whopping 2 pieces of iron per person and year (so a maximum of 30 per year fully staffed!? That's with 15 workers! Which is almost as many villagers as I have total....) Meanwhile the nearby quarry needs 60 iron just to be built and the smithy is screaming for more iron, too.

I REALLY wish I could build my own games. At least then they'd (hopefully) make sense to ME.

24 Jun 2020 23:32 - 24 Jun 2020 23:33 #29832 by Valence
Your games would make sense, Banj would like them and they WOULDN'T be 300GB! :stare:

Get coding!

25 Jun 2020 06:36 #29833 by Charlotte
:D I don't think Banj and I like the same games, I'm pretty sure he'd still hate them and think the UI sucks and all that :P

25 Jun 2020 10:00 #29834 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

:D I don't think Banj and I like the same games, I'm pretty sure he'd still hate them and think the UI sucks and all that :P

I told you Subnautica was good and you've spent about 20 years playing it :whistle:

25 Jun 2020 14:54 #29837 by Valence
I regret not grabbing Subnautica when it was free. I was a bit uncertain of it and the specs were a touch too high but I could probably play it now. The moral of this story is... grab ALL the free stuff anyway! :woohoo:

I also regret applying that "stylish" skin to my saddle in Ark. It has far too much metal on it and during the day it constantly catches the sun and blinds me with lens flares. Can't unequip it either. :shrug:
Despite claiming to not be loot-greedy over my death point I did sneak another trip and successfully grabbed more of my precious lost hides. I then completed the trek to the forest area but ended up high above the beaches on a ledge. On closer inspection they do seem more "swampy" than I thought and in order to get down I will HAVE TO go through some snake territory so I backtracked again and went back to the other plan of going around the coast to the Red Obelisk. The birds didn't bother me this time but night fell quicker than I expected so I made a campfire and cooked some meat. I've heard that there may be some dossiers/notes around the place I'm currently settled in so I shall snoop around when the sun comes up. :)

I read up about Herbivore Island and it is indeed a safe, peaceful place with no attacking predators, but it seems you do need a raft to get there and I don't even know how to do any of that. But I did level up to the point that I can craft a Gravestone. :dry:
I think the game may be trying to tell me something.

25 Jun 2020 17:14 #29838 by Charlotte

I told you Subnautica was good and you've spent about 20 years playing it :whistle:

:dumb:
surely that means YOU don't like it? Not to mention the subzero one. I'm sure you'll hate that :S

As for the saddle skin, Val, you sure you can't remove the skin when the saddle is in your inventory? I've only tried those party related skins I guess, maybe they're different... As for the raft it should be available soon... it uses loads of hides, so I haven't built one myself, but I do have the engram.

26 Jun 2020 11:05 #29845 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
I built a raft back when I tried to kill the indestructible Raptor. I sat on it pinging arrows at him for about ten minutes as he continued to rip my corpse to pieces (obviously very very small pieces as he was still doing it when I gave up on the game). I also used it to get my stuff back from the Piranha that teleported in and killed me because Item burden prevented me from defending myself. Making a raft is quicker than sitting around waiting for the dinosaur you are taming to become tamed and then getting slaughtered 5% before it was finished by some random predator that magically appeared out of nowhere.