April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

25 May 2020 11:50 #29225 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
In W3 it is possible to run away and lose the pursuers, and they will eventually reset and give up looking for you and forget you took anything. But the accidental looting is as bad as the accidental hitting a soldier because they jumped in the way to attack some monsters you were fighting, then they get angry about you hitting them and attack you as if it's your fault they got hit :dry:

I'm looking forward to seeing if your banker has no arms like mine did(n't) every time I saw him.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 May 2020 19:22 - 25 May 2020 19:22 #29240 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
I've done the character switcheroo in GTA to play as Michael for a bit and seeing as he lives in the rich part of town I thought I'd try out some of the "rich man sports" that are available.
First of all I went to his own personal tennis court where I got absolutely slaughtered by his wife. At least all that money for her tennis coach isn't going to waste even though there's clearly something more going on between the two of them. :dry:
Just winning a point felt like an achievement.

I ended up quitting before the end of the set so that I could drive to the nearby golf course for a round. And you know what? The golf mini game is REALLY good. :woohoo: And it's rather odd to have the opportunity to actually walk to the tee and then to the ball and then to the green etc.. It makes it quite relaxing instead of jumping straight to the next shot. Well, relaxing or boring, depending on whether you like strolling around in open world games. :lol:

I finished at one under par. Should have been two under really but I botched up the par five towards the end. :(
Will do better next time!

25 May 2020 19:25 #29241 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
par har har... :dry:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

25 May 2020 20:03 #29242 by Valence
I'd rather par har har than pam pa ram. :dry:

That's getting as bad as Gavella Glan! :lol:

25 May 2020 20:33 #29243 by Charlotte
:D

I hope that won't be the soundtrack for my dreams tonight...

27 May 2020 02:11 - 27 May 2020 11:17 #29251 by Valence
Nibbles says Hi.

After leaving Nibbles' behind behind I wandered off around Oxenfurt and for a brief moment it seemed like I'd joined a creepy boyband!

It's Geralt And The Whoreson Henchmen with their latest Pam Pa Ram song! :woohoo:
And the one on the left kept picking his nose and eating what he found up there. :sick:

I then rode away from the town in search of a side quest and found some lovely views. A lot of the landscapes in Witcher 3 are quite closed in and claustrophobic with all those wavy trees but I ended up on a path that opened up and started undulating over hills in a way that let you see the lovely detailed draw distance. Made me yearn for one of those free camera modes that the game doesn't have. :eyeroll:

But I did manage to capture this nice waterfall...

...a view only slightly ruined by the imminent attack of that ominous Wyvern with a very sharp turning circle. :dry:
Attachments:

27 May 2020 09:20 #29252 by Charlotte
*gag*

27 May 2020 12:30 #29253 by Banj
I'm curious to know the significance of Nibbles, it's the only cat I found that doesn't seem bothered by Geralt's presence.

27 May 2020 12:59 #29254 by Charlotte
Maybe it thinks it's a dog? :dumb:

27 May 2020 13:11 #29255 by Banj
I think animals in general don't trust him. Can't say I blame them, he just wanders round stealing everything in sight, and casually hacking down any living thing he feels like.