March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Gaming

22 May 2020 19:09 #29204 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

I suspect they were actually Russians

Obviously taking revenge for all the Swedes playing Russians in films.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 May 2020 19:37 #29205 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
hmm. Maybe I should forgive them... It seems they have Just Cause...

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

22 May 2020 22:09 #29206 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Well there's much less war in GTA. I've been playing with a dog instead by having a nice game of fetch with dear old Chop. I threw the ball waaay over the other side of the street and he raced off to get it. He picked it up and rushed back to me and... almost got run over by a car. :dry:
Best find a different place to play.

22 May 2020 23:27 #29207 by Charlotte
oops would you look at the time.... :dry:

I'm starting to remember how annoying it is when the game wants to play stuff in a different order than you do and insists on shoving new technologies and cries for more research in your face when all you want to do is annihilate your neighbour.... *yawn*

23 May 2020 02:07 - 23 May 2020 02:08 #29208 by Valence
I guess you don't need that bed if you just stop up late gaming. :)

Speaking of which...

I took a selfie with Chop!

It's slightly annoying that the photos from the in-game phone are not full resolution (especially when you're already playing at low res settings. :dry:)
And it's quite tricky taking screenshots too. For Steam it's F12. GFN- I've also set it for F12. Epic games- nothing.
Instead I have to use that annoying Windows "XBox Game Bar" thing that only works occasionally and only then with multiple keypresses. But it did work this time, so I shouldn't complain. :shrug:
Attachments:

23 May 2020 21:10 - 23 May 2020 21:11 #29210 by Charlotte
Too bad gaming all night doesn't exactly restores ones energy so one can continue assembling the bed in question... Currently I have one almost assembled bed and one full of the stuff that hasn't been added to the new one yet... :dry:

(also, my home is a bit of an obstacle course at the moment. So I rather hope I don't need to get up to the bathroom while it's till dark outside...)

23 May 2020 21:24 #29211 by Valence

Too bad gaming all night doesn't exactly restores ones energy...

You need some of Skyrim's Vegetable Soup. :)
Or maybe one of Geralt's quick 1 hour meditations.

I've just been in GTA for most of the evening. Just did one quest and then wandered about. It's a lovely looking city and very easy to just walk/drive around and do absolutely nothing in a very satisfying and enjoyable way.

25 May 2020 02:10 - 25 May 2020 02:11 #29220 by Valence
Up until now I've spent most of my (on sale again) Witcher 3 time just walking in to people's homes and looting everything before their eyes, even took some stuff from right under the Baron's nose, and throughought it all no-one seemed to care. It all seemed quite ridiculous in that Morrowind way. So I continued. Steal here. Thieve over there. Nick from back yonder. Until...
Guards have now started attacking me when I loot stuff! :ohmy:
I don't know if Guards have always done that and I've just been sneakily lucky to avoid them or if it's a leveling up thing but either way I'd better be more careful now. :S

Still finding the odd comedy glitch, including this guy wandering around carrying... nothing. :blink:

From the way he was struggling it seemed like the invisible box was very heavy indeed. Or maybe he was just the local Mime Artist? :hmm:

Anyway I've moved on and am currently in a bigger city, and I've found a barber! So Geralt has ditched the tied back ponytail in favour of some long flowing locks that blow freely in the wind like something from a shampoo advert! :)

But I'm still not turning on that HairWorks thing in the settings. I don't know if I'm some kind of Tech Philistine but it seems to look worse to my eyes despite all the hype. :dry:
Attachments:

25 May 2020 11:02 #29222 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
To be fair you couldn't just casually steal stuff in Morrowind if their was anyone around to see you or they would raise the alarm and you would be swamped by people trying to kill you, while in Witcher 3 it only seems to be guards for the most part that take any interest in theft.

It is quite annoying when they have NPCs or quest interactions that take place in very close proximity to a loot box because you can often open a box with loot by accident right in front of a guard. I recall having to speak to an NPC in a hurry for a quest and as I clicked on the prompt to speak with him it changed to a prompt to open something right behind him and I was immediately ganked by dozens of furious people accusing me of theft. :omg: :pirate:

25 May 2020 11:27 - 25 May 2020 11:28 #29223 by Valence
Yeah, I always made sure my Morrowind character had the Moonshadow thing for stealing, but before the actual theft took place you could still barge into eveyone's homes and rummage around without any intervention. In Skyrim all the NPCs often get a bit stroppy about home invasion and ask you to leave before you get to do anything. In some cases they even send some thugs after you at a later time and they have long memories. :paranoid:

So it was a bit of a shock when Geralt was suddenly jumped by a load of level 20 Nilfgaardians. I just had to stand there in confusion and accept the beating. :dry:
I haven't had any accidental looting recently. I'm still struggling with him NOT doing the thing I'm clicking. Like occasional jumping: "You cannot do that right now." And the good old undrawn sword trick continues. I ended up beating a couple of wolves in a fist fight during last night's game after he just wouldn't get the sword out. :lol: