April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

18 May 2020 19:42 #29128 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
:dry: no no no one tries mods last. I think. :unsure:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 May 2020 20:41 - 18 May 2020 20:42 #29129 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
After googling I'm not sure any mods are involved. I was thinking it was gonna be like Enderal or Skywind but apparently it's a "proper" remake. The teaser is available on Steam but I'm not sure if GOG have it as well. :shrug:

If I had coins to waste then I'd probably try out Gothic 3 but I already have plenty of other RPGs in my library that I haven't even played yet.
Oblivion, Dragon Age and Divinity 2 are all waiting patiently to be installed if I ever tire of the ones I'm already addicted to. :P

18 May 2020 20:55 #29132 by Valence
And if you continue to wage war with your stinky food then you'll have to get past Scotland first. And they have Haggis and Bagpipes! :stare:

18 May 2020 21:04 #29133 by Charlotte
:dry: My brother had bagpipes in church on his wedding... and as family, we were at the front row. It was very loud. I think I might just circumvent Scotland altogether and attack from France. (Then again, I do like Scottish and would very much like to visit Scotland some day...)

19 May 2020 11:28 #29137 by Valence
Spent some time in that forest place in Guild Wars last night cleaning up some of the lower level quests that I'd missed. The story thingies had sent me travelling way to the south to that grove where I always get lost, so it was nice to get back to some free exploring again, even if it did take a while to walk back to where I'd been roaming.
I ended up taking a path to a swampy area in my effort to find some more quests at my level and I saw a waypoint on the map that I hadn't "discovered" yet so I made my way to that. The only path to it was a long curving one that was kind of closed in and dark so it looked a little creepy. But I kept on going, through the gloom and mist, I turned the long corner and found... Loads and loads of players! All huddled together staring back at me. :blink:
It felt like that moment when you finally realise, way too late, that you're in the wrong part of town. :dry:
They all seemed to be part of a group, team, party, clan, or whatever the hell they're called. Thankfully they didn't attack me or anything. It looked like they were waiting for something and whatever "it" was it certainly wasn't me.

So I just slowly backed away. "Sorry to bother you. Carry on with whatever you were doing." :)
I couldn't see the waypoint I was looking for but there did seem to be a portal thing there. I wonder if they were "defending" it? :hmm:

19 May 2020 15:48 #29141 by Charlotte
Seems they were waiting for one of those in game events (like the one in the swamp... erm, other swamp)

Originally you'd get your story quests at different levels and they'd pretty much be spaced so that the first quest took you somewhere nearby but on the road to the next one, and helped you level up just enough to keep going which the quests without having to grind. But a minority of players (I assume) felt that they wanted all quests in one go (and no, they could definitely not just wait until they were high enough level to unlock all quests at the same time) so the game was changed, so that you get a bunch of quests at level 10 and all the awards are lower level than you, and then you have to grind until level 20, and then you get a new bunch of storyline quests and new rewards that are for below level 20 players. I think it sucks, I can't really believe this is considered a good solution by anyone. (And I'm sure I've whined about it before...)

19 May 2020 18:28 - 19 May 2020 18:30 #29147 by Valence
This one seemed a bit more organized than previous free-for-all events I've stumbled upon. I felt like I was in one of those scenes in movie westerns where the stranger walks into the saloon and the music stops as everyone stares. :lol:

In Witcher 3 I've encountered another Golem! And they're much tougher than the one from the first game.
I died a lot. Did some research and then died a lot while giving myself crippling pains in my left hand/wrist. Apparently the best tactic involves spamming Quen, running around behind, strong attacks and roll away. All of which requires EVERY finger of my left hand to be on a different key at the same time. :blink:
Middle finger on W to advance.
First finger for lateral moves or retreat.
Thumb on space for rolling.
Third finger on Q for Quen casting.

I can just about manage all those together but I also need the strong attack too and for that I have to also curl the little finger way back down to not just press but HOLD the shift key! Aaaargh.
Just thinking about it again makes me feel the tendons twisting in my hand.
And it'd be lovely if that witch helped a bit more. :)

19 May 2020 19:15 #29149 by Charlotte
Maybe she can help you grow some extra fingers (I'd suggest a whole new hand, but that might be asking too much)

19 May 2020 20:36 #29151 by Valence
Or she could conjure up a Grand Potion Of Lesser Arthritis. :woohoo:
But credit where it's due, she is a decent damage sponge to distract the monsters, if only for a moment. :dry:

I've been playing Skyrim for almost a year now and I'm still finding out new things like a complete noob. The other day I discovered the joys of vegetable soup after reading about it on Reddit. It's easy to get the ingredients, easy to make (doesn't need salt!) and does good things for health and stamina during fights. And after that struggle of the last quest (without Aela's help! :shakefist:) it may be useful. So... cooking night!

I tried to catch Carlotta at her stall to panic buy all her groceries but it was close to 8PM and she'd packed up for the day. So I went up to the Bannered Mare instead, they always seem to be open, and bought some stuff from Hulda...

And after a quick drink it's a little evening stroll back home...

...with maybe a little detour to "harvest" some more ingredients from nearby farms.
And then...Cook!

Mmmmm. Vegetable soup. :)
I'm now ready to face whatever comes my way, help or no help.
Attachments:

19 May 2020 22:43 #29155 by Charlotte
oh wow. That's what every girl dreams of being called... "a decent damage sponge" I'm so jealous now :P