April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

30 Aug 2017 15:40 #17887 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Valence's country, presumably ;) (i.e. the UK I think)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Aug 2017 20:11 #17888 by Charlotte
well the Taonga game on facebook keeps running out of energy (you need hundreds or thousands but it only ever recharges to about 20 on its own...) so I started playing dakota farm adventures as well, which turns out is the same thing. So now I have two games running and not enough energy to do anything in either... :blink:

31 Aug 2017 01:29 #17889 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming

aw :( clip not available in my country...

:(
Now I feel bad for posting things no-one can see.

It's just a clip of TV comedians trying to play Tomb Raider and failing to do the most basic things. "Why won't she pull the lever??" :)

I guess that's why people use VPNs. Stoopid region block. :shakefist:

25 Sep 2017 11:32 #18264 by Valence
The latest retro pickup in my quest to play all the decade-old games I missed first time around is ... GTA San Andreas.
And it's also the latest example of my latter day gaming ineptitude. Completing missions is easy enough but I keep getting lost on my way home to save the game. Yes, I can't even get to my own house! :blush:
I can see where it is on the little map but I just can't seem to get on that street that leads up to it. I always end up having to drive through someone's back garden to get there. :)

I'm so glad I don't have a driving license in real life. :lol:

25 Sep 2017 11:56 #18265 by Charlotte
:lol:
sounds kind of familiar... Not while driving IRL though. I mean... the getting lost part is definately familiar, but I usually stay out of people's gardens...

26 Sep 2017 10:58 #18280 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

The latest retro pickup in my quest to play all the decade-old games I missed first time around is ... GTA San Andreas.
And it's also the latest example of my latter day gaming ineptitude. Completing missions is easy enough but I keep getting lost on my way home to save the game. Yes, I can't even get to my own house! :blush:
I can see where it is on the little map but I just can't seem to get on that street that leads up to it. I always end up having to drive through someone's back garden to get there. :)

I'm so glad I don't have a driving license in real life. :lol:

Reminds me of a couple of games I used to play on the original Playstation. Gran Turismo 2 insisted that you pass your super license to unlock certain tracks and races which meant hours of trial and error trying to pass annoying tests.

Driver made you pass a test before you could even play the game because apparently car thieves will only hire a guy that can weave through an underground car park and reverse into a parking space in a ridiculously tight time limit, or hit a specific breaking mark when most of the missions required you to just drive like a maniac through the city streets.

26 Sep 2017 11:26 #18290 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic Gaming

Completing missions is easy enough but I keep getting lost on my way home to save the game. :

That was what happened to me in Firewatch, when I had a mission I couldn't get there and ended up finding dead ends everywhere.

Same goes for me in life though, I have no sense of direction! I would say it was age but i've always been the same :D

26 Sep 2017 11:31 #18292 by Charlotte
me too - if I'm lucky I recognise buildings or something so I know whether I've already passed it or should be passing by...

27 Sep 2017 22:37 #18312 by Valence
Despite not being able to drive I do like driving games, but I prefer the fun ones rather than the realistic simulations. It's more entertaining to have a cheesy police chase in Need For Speed than spending hours tweaking gear ratios in Forza Motorsport.
My favourite though has to be Burnout. Casually smashing stuff up while listening to those obscure bands on EA-Trax (Go Betty Go, again?) was time well spent. :)

28 Sep 2017 07:09 #18315 by Charlotte
Only "driving game" I ever played was the demo for the star wars races... what was it called? The ones anakin and sebulba were doing...
As a demo it was a bit limited but it was enjoyable at times...