April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

14 Dec 2019 11:29 #27096 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Right, blame it all on Leo. Why were you being chased anyway?

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Dec 2019 15:26 - 14 Dec 2019 15:32 #27098 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
I have no idea. :dunno:
Maybe they just don't like me going round assassinating the powerful people behind an epic conspiracy. :dry:

Anyway, I've left Leo to travel on his own while I deal with the nasty men. (They're after me, not him.) And now I'm in a different place so I suppose I'll have to wait a while until I get to Venice. :eyeroll:

14 Dec 2019 21:33 #27101 by Valence
Tried to go back to finish that Red Eagle quest in Skyrim and discovered that the final baddie is a bit tough. Ooof!
He could "Fus Ro Dah!" much better than me!
I just make people wobble a bit but he was shouting me all over the place, into the walls, down the stairs, up in the air. It was painful to watch.
And he had loads of other shouts too!
And he only needed two swings of his sword to kill me!
And he had a few skeleton archers picking me off from a distance!
I tried conjuring a ghosty wolf to help me...

But that only helped a bit. In the end it also required a dragonskin spell to boost my natural armor, a few of my pathetic shouts, lots of sword swinging and many well-timed potions but I finally got him.
Phew!

I need to go home and rest in my sauna. :)
Attachments:

16 Dec 2019 12:29 - 16 Dec 2019 12:32 #27108 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic Gaming
Which AC are you presently playing? (can't recall which one had Leonardo) ... AC is one of those few games (series) I've always liked fooling with since it first came out.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

16 Dec 2019 15:42 #27109 by Valence
The one I'm currently playing is Assassin's Creed 2. Ezio's story then continues in Brotherhood, which is waiting in my library, and I think there's also a third Ezio game that I don't have.

17 Dec 2019 03:06 #27113 by Valence

Well I went and checked and the current freebie is The Escapists (which looks very pixelly)

Also "The Wolf Among Us" is free too for a couple more days. That wasn't there the last time I looked.

17 Dec 2019 12:47 - 17 Dec 2019 12:47 #27114 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic Gaming

The one I'm currently playing is Assassin's Creed 2. Ezio's story then continues in Brotherhood, which is waiting in my library, and I think there's also a third Ezio game that I don't have.

Yeah, I remember those and do believe there were three in total for Ezio. I enjoyed them and actually liked AC IV (BLack Flag) too. Which I believe got mixed reviews from some if I recall correctly? But I think the addition of so much sailing of ships was a nice add on as well.

I haven't fooled with it for a few months now (With everything going on presently) but most recently was playing the latest one, Assassin's Creed "Odyssey". I've really enjoyed it so far and it might be one of my favorites? I also have the previous one (AC "Origins") digitally downloaded like the others, but actually never played it yet. I was tied up with so much stuff at the time, when I did get back to fooling with it some, I actually jumped right in on Odyssey. (But believe they say they have pretty much the same build/feel, just being in different times/places)

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

20 Dec 2019 02:40 - 20 Dec 2019 02:41 #27145 by Valence
I've found The Egg Of Time in Morrowind! :pirate:

I was on my way to Vas (not Vos! :nope:) and went to investigate some Dwemer ruins on the way. Unfortunately there were lots of Orcs in there. And they were very tough Orcs too! Couldn't do anything at all, in the fighting sense, so I just tried to run away but noted that there were papers, scrolls and books laying around on some shelves. And Dwemer reading material is always worth going back for.
But the Orcs were just too tough for me. :(

So after the Nth death/reload I thought I might try and sneak around instead. Ideally I would have done my Moonshadow Invisibility thing but I'd already used it once today (when stealing some alchemy equipment) so I used my not-quite-as-effective Shadowmask ring which sort of helps you sneak unseen. Sort of. :S
I sneakily picked up a scroll that was some plans or something, opened a door and saw a big book and another Orc that sadly wasn't fooled by my sneaking!
Run for it! I did a quick sidestep, grabbed the book, ran around a bit more, tried to grab something else and missed, saw another Orc and decided that was enough. Exit Time.
Run faster, damn you! :shakefist:

They managed to connect with quite a few blows on my back but I got outside and gulped down some much-needed health potions. I checked my inventory and confirmed that the stolen book was indeed The Egg Of Time! :)

20 Dec 2019 06:02 #27147 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
so the egg is a book? :huh:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

20 Dec 2019 12:51 #27149 by Valence
Yep, there are three important books in Morrowind which supposedly reveal some clues about the mysterious disappearance of the dwarves. I acquired "Hanging Gardens" ages ago, I now have "The Egg Of Time" and I can't remember what the third one is called.
I'm sure I'll know it when I see it. :dry:

Then I'll have to go get them translated. :eyeroll: