April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

08 Oct 2019 11:24 #26203 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
:XD:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Oct 2019 11:50 #26205 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
:dry:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

08 Oct 2019 14:57 #26206 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic Gaming

Yeah, I'm with them too. I get consistent 30 down and 10 up.
Used to be on a fast one that gave you over 150mb/s (and it really WAS that figure too!) but they keep putting prices up and this one is the best value at the moment.

They say the minimum required for PSNow is 5 but I don't believe that for a second. :lol:

I'm on the 150mb and just recently it's been iffy - i've been with NTL//Virgin since in moved to my house in 2002 and the broadband has been outstanding until this last year or so. My 150mb wouldn't stream Anna, i'll try again to see if there was an issue and let you know. 5mb is bollox - no way will that be fast enough

08 Oct 2019 15:59 #26207 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming

...NTL...

:lol:
Back then I was with their inferior rivals Telewest. :)

I think the streaming problem is also affected by how far you are from their data centres. I guess I'll stick with Steam and Epic freebies.
Attachments:

09 Oct 2019 08:14 #26208 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic Gaming
yeah i know, blast from the past! it's such a shame you haven't got a controller so that you could at least try for free, it's a really good deal for me (as long as the games I want are downloadable!)

09 Oct 2019 11:21 #26209 by Valence
Now that they've announced the Playstation 5 (how did they come up with that original name? :lol:) there might be some cheaper controllers around as people flog their older hardware. I shall keep an eye out while walking past my local CeX. :)

09 Oct 2019 17:07 #26212 by Banj

I shall keep an eye out while walking past my local CeX. :)

That place want ridiculous amounts of money for pre-owned stuff most of the time.

09 Oct 2019 19:51 #26215 by Valence
I think their hardware is a bit hit and miss but you can pick up pre-owned console games for pennies. It's just a shame that there isn't really a pre-owned market for PC games these days thanks to downloads and Windows 10. :(

10 Oct 2019 11:40 #26222 by Banj
It was mostly hardware I was thinking of. I looked in there for a while for a dual shock myself and every time I looked they were almost as much as buying a new one.

11 Oct 2019 10:56 #26226 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Speaking of more space (again), I downloaded Surviving Mars from Epic Games today (plus a couple of extensions or whatsits) for are currently free. Probably because a lot of other stuff is "coming soon".

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.