April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

07 Oct 2019 13:33 #26182 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Apparently that weird, hooded guy wasn't hooded after all. A bit of research reveals that he wears a mask. I just didn't survive long enough to get a good look. :lol:
He's some kind of level 50 dragon priest. 50!? :ohmy:
I'm still at 16 so I'm DEFINITELY not going back there!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Oct 2019 20:27 #26186 by Valence
Recently I've been seeing a crazy amount of adverts for Playstation Now. Apparently they slashed the subscription price to compete with the other imminent streaming services from Microsoft and Google.
I think I might be tempted if it wasn't for the fact that you need a DualShock controller. Having to fork out for that before discovering whether it works in a practical way over my internet seems a risk too far. :dry:

07 Oct 2019 20:51 #26190 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic Gaming
You can do a 7 day free trial Val, I did it yesterday, so far after the trial I think i’ll sign up for a 3 month sub,,it’s just over £22, there’s a good few games I like so pretty good value for a while

07 Oct 2019 20:55 #26191 by Valence
Yeah, I was attracted by some of the games. Last Of Us, Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls, God of War etc.
I just don't have a controller so I'd have to pay for that first. :S

07 Oct 2019 21:14 #26192 by kazky
Oh I didn’t realise it needs a DualShock. Yeah that’s an expense :(

07 Oct 2019 21:28 #26193 by Valence
But not needing a graphics card and not having to store them on the hard drive is fantastic! Providing the lag isn't too bad. How is it on your broadband?

Of course I could always claim another advance on a Christmas present! :hmm: (Even though I've already done that once for the Corel Painter bundle. :lol:)

07 Oct 2019 21:32 #26194 by kazky
Unless you have a really good broadband if you want to stream I wouldn’t bother. I tried to stream a game called ‘Anna’ yesterday and it was impossible to play & I have pretty fast virgin

07 Oct 2019 22:07 #26195 by Valence
Yeah, I'm with them too. I get consistent 30 down and 10 up.
Used to be on a fast one that gave you over 150mb/s (and it really WAS that figure too!) but they keep putting prices up and this one is the best value at the moment.

They say the minimum required for PSNow is 5 but I don't believe that for a second. :lol:

08 Oct 2019 02:04 - 08 Oct 2019 02:05 #26196 by Valence
Went Skyrim huntin' again and was obviously prepared for the bear this time. :)

I gave it a "YOL", a bit more flame from the left hand, then moved in for the soul-trap-stabby kill and... a fugitive appeared behind me and tried to talk to me!?! :blink:

Look, mate, I'm a bit busy at the moment, does it look like I want to chat?
But he doesn't care, he starts telling me a tale about someone trying to catch him and, as I'm trying to kill the bear and stay alive, some dialogue options appear! :huh:
So now I have to take a moment to choose the necessary response while behind the text the bear is now ripping my head off!
Well, thanks a lot, Mr Fugitive. I'd just love to continue the conversation but I can't because I'm dead now! :angry:

08 Oct 2019 07:08 #26197 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
:giggle: sorry, but :lol:

(I'd use the XD one except it looks sooooooo angry)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.