April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

04 Oct 2019 20:50 #26154 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Murder him!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Oct 2019 21:24 #26155 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
:D
well as it turns out I didn't have to. Once we'd sorted how the heck to get to that particular base (the teleporter insisted on showing another one of his) he poofed. So I walked around his base some, and then I left.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

04 Oct 2019 23:23 #26158 by Valence
I hope you didn't steal anything. :evil:

In Morrowind/Skyrim it's hard to go into any place without suddenly "acquiring" items. (I tried to pickpocket Belethor the other day and ended up meeting his hired thugs. Won't be doing that again.)
So perhaps I'm a kleptomaniac rather than psychopath. Or maybe both!

Maybe those personality tests would be more accurate if they were more like the character creation tools in role playing games. :lol:

05 Oct 2019 10:56 - 05 Oct 2019 10:58 #26159 by Charlotte
Nope, didn't steal... :) He popped up again and it turned out that in his game I froze, whereas in my game he poofed, so... probably a network/online glitch thing. Anyway he visited my base too and we talked for quite a while. He'd been playing since the game was new but had not played for quite a while and lots of stuff was new to him, with the Beyond update. Including multiplayer. So we exchanged tips. (Amazing to think I could help an old time player :lol:)

edit: we had another glitch too: my home planet is supposed to have superheated storms but I've never encountered them. While he visited he kept having to run for cover, while I still had temps around 12 degrees celsius. :dry:

05 Oct 2019 22:58 #26166 by Valence
Maybe Banj could do with those superheated storms. :dry:

I thought I'd have a break from my murdering- I mean stealing- no I mean "adventuring!" Yes, that's what it's called. Adventuring. :lol:
And instead I had a race around in Grid 2. I did rather well too until I got to this challenge.
Oof, that's a tough one. Can't even get into the top three. :( And when (IF?) I get past it I'm pretty sure some annoying drift races are coming up. :eyeroll:

06 Oct 2019 10:15 #26167 by Charlotte
car races? I was gonna say it gave me motion sickness, but... I think I might actually enjoy it now and then. Reminded me of that old star wars demo dad had on his computer when I was like 20? (whatever I was back when Anakin was a little boy - though it doesn't seem quite that long ago....) I can't remember what those races were called, though... (wasn't with cars anyhow!)

06 Oct 2019 11:45 #26170 by Valence
Can't believe that you wasted the opportunity to recite the famous quote. :eyeroll:

Attachments:

06 Oct 2019 12:51 #26171 by Charlotte
oh. So that was the name of it :P

07 Oct 2019 00:46 - 07 Oct 2019 01:59 #26172 by Valence
Now THIS is pod racing crashing.

That corner (at 0:57 in the previous video) is sooo hard. :(

But after a few more attempts I had a really lucky run (no skill at all involved :P) where I just made it through and several of the other cars crashed so I consider that a satisfying result. :thumbup:

Onto the next race! :brb:

LATER EDIT: Actually forget the next race, I'll go to Skyrim.

I went off to try my hand at hunting in order to fill some soul gems using my newly "acquired" soul trap sword thing.

This stag didn't really seem to care that I was approaching with stabby intent...

...but this fox knew what was going on and promptly left the area...

Annoyingly it ran past a bear and I was too focused of the fox to see the imminent and instant death that ensued.
So after a reload I tried hunting in the other direction and found another dragon's lair...

I managed to avoid being cooked, killed the thing and as I climbed up to the wall to learn the new word some weird and deadly hooded guy appeared and killed me quicker than the bear did!
I'm not going back there until I've levelled up a bit more! :nope:
Attachments:

07 Oct 2019 09:30 #26176 by Charlotte
:dry:
eventful evening...