April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

03 Oct 2019 19:46 #26135 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Last night I took on the long commitment of a Morrowind quest. :)

I had to go to Gnaar Mok again. I knew I'd been there before (the map said so and I vaguely recall the last quest starting there) but I couldn't remember HOW I got there, none of my usual travel methods take you there so I imagine I must have walked. This time I didn't fancy a long cross-country stroll so I tried the boat method.
This meant I had to take the silt strider to Ald-Ruhn, then another silt strider to Khuul, all the way to the far northern coast and then get a boat that brings you all the way back down again! A bit of a hassle (and costly) but still quicker than a Morrowind walk.

Anyway... once there I found the cavern that supposedly held the Sixth House Base and worked my way through the waterlogged tunnels killing various Ash Slaves, Scamps and strangely naked "Dreamers". :S
I also got infected a few times so I'm glad I had enough potions.
Eventually a tougher battle ensued with a creepy guy called Dagoth Gares although I did have to wait for him to shut up before we got to fight! :lol:
And with him dead I got to loot the place and found all kinds of goodies. :woohoo: Unfortunately it was all too much to carry, buuuut...
...then I found some gauntlets that fortify strength and they boosted my carry weight over 500 so I got to take EVERYTHING! :)
So now I have loads of stuff that's so valuable that no-one can afford to buy it off me. :dry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Oct 2019 22:02 #26136 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
:lol:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

04 Oct 2019 11:02 #26137 by Charlotte
I see XIII is available as a game (and has been for years?)... I loved that comic. Unfortunately part of what I loved about it was the graphic style and that doesn't seem to be at all the same in the game.... Guess I'll pass :p

04 Oct 2019 11:37 #26138 by Valence
I had that for my XBox before it died although I never finished it.
I'm not familiar with the original but the game is very much like a comic book in the way it uses animated panels and text.
Cel-shading is always seems to be rather divisive in video games. Some people love it while others can't get over the rather plastic-looking textures.
I'm not quite sure which group I fit it. :dry:

But the thing I remember most about that game are all the French accents of the baddies when they shout, "Alert!" :lol:

04 Oct 2019 13:40 #26139 by Charlotte
I don't mind celshading... It's the line work and character looks that are completely different...

vs

04 Oct 2019 14:13 #26141 by Valence
I guess they didn't have enough polygons to do those hairstyles in 2003. :lol:

It's still a fun game if it's going very cheap in a sale somewhere.

04 Oct 2019 14:19 #26142 by Charlotte
about 5 pounds in your money, I think? I'm not sure if it was on sale, or just sort of promoted...

04 Oct 2019 14:51 #26143 by Valence
I'd only spend less than half of that but that's because I don"t like spending money. :P

04 Oct 2019 20:44 - 04 Oct 2019 20:45 #26152 by Valence
Just to prove I'm not a psychopath here's a pic showing that I don't go around murdering people in their sleep...

Oh, wait a minute. That's the one where I AM murdering the sleeping guy. :whistle:

Actually this was the end of one of those longer quests (the missing drunken memories one) and in order to get to the important bit I had to clear out this place where loads of naughty magic people were doing something sinister that resulted in loads of burnt corpses being strung up in cages.
As soon as I entered they all started attacking me except for this guy who seemed to sleep through it all! :blink:
He was still one of the baddies. I guess he'd just had a hard day and was tired. :shrug:
So I woke him up with one swing of the axe and then with another swing I sent him off to the Land Of The Long Sleep. Nighty night. :evil:
Attachments:

04 Oct 2019 20:47 #26153 by Charlotte
o.O
maybe you ARE a bit of a psycho after all...
Meanwhile I seem to be attempting to be social in No Man's Sky... A guy asked me to come visit his base. :dry: