April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

26 Aug 2019 21:51 #25790 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
That looks cool! :cheer:
You've certainly added plenty of life and colour to it. I particularly like all the little touches of purple.
All it needs now is a dead orc on a chair. :)

I was looking at home mods too the other day. My stolen orc base is good but it's a bit out of the way. Due to my aversion to fast travel I don't get there as much as I'd like so I'd prefer something a bit more central. (But I'm not paying 5 grand for Breezehome yet. :P)
Browsing through them I was a bit undecided about whether to get something in the traditional Skyrim cottage style or something more fantastical like the Dwemer airships! There were also some normal sailing ships too but I haven't been anywhere near a port yet so they'd be pretty useless at the moment. :lol:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Aug 2019 09:55 #25793 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
I looked at skyrim mods and they have 6 new TODAY and SEVENTYONE new this week!? How can anyone find what they want or ever browse through them all??? :ohmy:

and sadly there are no dead orcs in Subnautica. The extremely efficient scavengers make sure only the largest of skeletons remain - everything else is gone poof.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

27 Aug 2019 11:03 #25795 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
Needs more lockers. Lockers everywhere. Every section of wall should be filled with lockers.

27 Aug 2019 11:15 #25797 by Charlotte
I have plenty of lockers (and will get more). I just chose to not take screenies of them :P

27 Aug 2019 11:32 #25798 by Valence

I looked at skyrim mods and they have 6 new TODAY and SEVENTYONE new this week!?

It's crazy how active Skyrim is so long after release. And it's not just cosmetic mods too, there are loads of huge DLC-style mods that add new areas and 20-30 hours of new quests, there are extra characters with professional quality voice acting and then there are the complete recreations of previous games in the new engine.
Even the vanilla game can last an eternity but with all the mods you can pretty much play it forever.

Also part of me does want to download the Creation Kit to have a go at it myself but that more dominant lazy part disagrees. :P

27 Aug 2019 11:46 #25799 by Charlotte
I want to make subnautica mods, but uh... It's a steep learning curve. Like, I have visual studio but WHERE DO I ADD MY CODE??? :D

27 Aug 2019 14:44 #25800 by Valence
Yeah, I just had a google. It seems like modding Subnautica needs "proper" coding. :lol: With an understanding of DLLs! :ohmy:
At least with Skyrim you get some tools and a slightly easier scripting system. Not easy enough to beat my laziness though. :P

27 Aug 2019 14:54 - 27 Aug 2019 17:35 #25801 by Charlotte
:giggle:

EDIT: Presumably only Banj can understand what I think is funny... those little thingies there on the floor are "sea treader models". The real animal (so to speak) is a leviathan. They're the ones that poop, by the way. (Speaking of Banj, I take it it's warm in the UK again...)

Also: I FINALLY found some pygmy fans. Never even saw them previously but found them on the wiki lists of flora. Now why I didn't see them THERE before, is beyond my comprehension....

Attachments:

27 Aug 2019 17:54 - 27 Aug 2019 17:56 #25802 by Valence
I wasn't sure if they were things I'd want to kill. :lol:
They looked like spidery things asking for a stamping foot.

And yes, it's nasty-warm again. Not record breaking like the last one but it's not enjoyable. I've just been trying to make a start on a painting and I've now given up in favour of drinking some water instead.

Edit: Then again, acrylic paint is expensive so I might do a bit more rather than waste it. :P

27 Aug 2019 19:00 #25803 by Charlotte
They might stamp on you if you'r not careful :p

and I'm pretty sure it's possible to paint and drink water more or less at the same time. (Just don't drink the water you use for cleaning brushes.)