April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

23 Aug 2019 11:50 #25732 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
It's the first "Dragon Shout" power that you get in the game.
You learn the words by finding them on secret walls then you gain the power by absorbing dragon souls after you've killed them.
That particular one is "Unrelenting Force" which pushes people away from you. And innocent goats that get in the way. :dry:

After killing that last dragon I can now do the fire breath one too by shouting, "Yol!" :)
I can still only use the first words. I think you learn about the others by doing the next story quest and climbing the huge mountain to meet the Greybeards. :confident:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Aug 2019 13:02 #25733 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
I see... Kind of like Eragon and his Skulblakka's vein or whatever it was...

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

23 Aug 2019 17:57 #25741 by Valence
I have never seen nor read Eragon. :blush:
Ban if you like. :)

23 Aug 2019 18:27 #25742 by Charlotte
nah, that's OK. If Eragon shows up here, we might ban him, though :P

23 Aug 2019 19:39 #25743 by Valence

The generic baddies have gone but their leader (the only one that had a proper name, Ghunzul he was called) is still there when you go through the door.
I think I might try and sit his body up in a chair and pretend he's a friend that's just staying there. It'd be like that old 80s film, Weekend At Bernie's. "Let's just pretend he didn't die!" :lol:

Hi, Ghunzul. I'm home!
How have you been today? What's that? Dead tired.
Well, you just sit back in that comfy chair, stretch out your legs and I'll cook us something at the Alchemy Lab. :lol:

Yep, I managed to wrestle the never-disappearing dead orc into the chair. It was a struggle but it's better than being face down on the floor. :)
Attachments:

23 Aug 2019 21:12 #25744 by Charlotte
I'm not sure if it's just how you express things or if one can do a lot of unusual things in your games... I can usually only attack using number keys and then do things like wave or clap my hands by chat commands... :dry:

23 Aug 2019 22:49 #25745 by Valence
I can't plant brains in my game. Sorry- Brain coral! :lol:

But yes, I did indeed wrestle with that dead body: Hold down the E key to drag it where you want then release and hope the rag-doll physics leave it in a "sitting" position. Took about 7 or 8 attempts until he fell correctly. I'm a bit disappointed that there wasn't a Dead Man Sitting Achievement unlocked. :)
And I did knock over an innocent goat with a poorly aimed "Fus" shout: That's the Z key. I still don't know why the guard got so angry, it's not as if I'm strong enough to kill farmyard friends. He ran right over to me and screamed, "That's a valuable animal!" Yeah, yeah, whatever. :shrug: 10 gold fine. I can afford it.

Even though I can't plant brain (coral) I think there are some mods that allow you to do Skyrim farming. But even without mods you can still operate some of the equipment. I had fun cutting some big tree trunks at a sawmill the other day on my way home from a quest. :)

24 Aug 2019 21:08 - 24 Aug 2019 21:14 #25748 by Valence
OK, so I've killed two dragons before, one outside Whiterun and one in Falkreath, and both times there were other people involved. The local guards all came out of their hiding holes to fire a few arrows but really it was me doing all the hard work killing the beast. Wasn't it?

Well, I thought so and filled with that wonderful kind of over-confidence often experienced by idiots I decide to climb to Ancient's Ascent to take on the dragon there all by myself. What could possibly go wrong?
:hmm: How many deaths and reloads were there? Well, let's just say it was a non-zero number. :aha:

Not having any backup really exposed my not-good-enough archery skills so I actually had to get in close to the dragon (face-to-face!) to swing my hefty axe and give a couple of cries of "YOL!"
I killed it in the end and now I have so much loot that even my horse doesn't want to carry it. :eyeroll:
Those dragon bones and scales are heavy! Need to sell them as soon as possible.

PS. And I learned a new word up there! Don't know what it is yet cos I forgot to try it out. :lol:

EDIT: PPS. I accidently bumped into Ghunzul's outstretched legs and he fell off the chair again. After all my hard work he seems to prefer face down on the floor. That's gratitude for you!

24 Aug 2019 21:44 #25749 by Charlotte
:lol:

25 Aug 2019 12:44 #25750 by Charlotte
Today I finally found the poop! :woohoo:
I also built and "decorated" my cyclops (sub).

However, sometimes I feel I have my base and the cyclops somewhat too close to the migratory path of at least one huge fishy... :dry:

Attachments: