March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Gaming

17 Aug 2019 15:54 #25671 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Found the fancy one, but it's a big file. Download almost complete. Guess I'll see whare the firt mods get me and then I can try the rar files if I want to.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Aug 2019 16:43 #25672 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Yeah, those big mods are a bit intimidating. One Skyrim mod that caught my eye was Interesting NPCs that gives almost every character a story to tell. I looked at the download size... over 2GB!
That'll be a no, then. :) And it required DLC. :eyeroll:

17 Aug 2019 18:41 #25674 by Charlotte
well, it wasn't that bad. 80 mb, and basically I think it uses things already in the game, only you can "decorate" with them. I can have my own fossil collection! :woohoo:

17 Aug 2019 22:05 - 17 Aug 2019 22:07 #25675 by Valence
FOSSILS? :excited:

Had a go on Morrowind earlier but I'm a little bit stuck when it comes to choices. The main quests for Caius are becoming more challenging (he keeps giving me money for all the health potions I'll need!) I've done all the Balmora Mages' jobs and my current Fighters' Guild quest is an assassination that's impossible to do without getting caught (unless you have those bounty avoiding skills that Banj used to have!) I think I need to move out to another place to find some more side quests, but where? :hmm:

Until I decide... I'll spend some more time in Skyrim! :pirate:
Did the double quest at Valtheim Towers (beautiful place with that massive waterfall on the other side. I didn't accidently make my horse fall down there. Honest! :dry:) Also managed to take out one bandit with a single arrow from way across the other side of the river and was rewarded with an awesome archery killcam. I do love those ones! :lol: So satisfying.

While I was off on this short travel I left my dog behind at Whiterun (MY dog, not that silly talking one that I abandoned) and told him to sit in front of the Talos statue. When I finally got back I found the boring priest Heimskr giving him a sermon! :lol:

Poor dog looks as bored as I feel when he's droning on! :)
And while framing that shot I realised for the first time that the Skyforge in the background is the shape of a big bird!

Yep, it is. I've been there several times and never noticed! I should pay attention more.
Attachments:

18 Aug 2019 08:35 #25676 by Charlotte
Heimskr? Sounds like icelandic for hemsk (horrible) :D

18 Aug 2019 16:32 #25677 by Valence
He's obviously well-named! :lol:
No, I take that back. He's not really horrible, just wish he'd shut up now and again.

The only space-y type game I have is Rebel Galaxy

Lies! Lies!
I forgot that I have Mass Effect in my library. :blush: (I also have the disc version that I couldn't get to work on windows 10.)
I haven't installed it yet because it's a bit of a chunky download. I've told myself that I'll only play that after I finish KOTOR.
Which is also a bit space-y. :oops:

19 Aug 2019 13:58 #25678 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
I have never played any Mass Effect game. *Bans self again*

19 Aug 2019 15:10 #25679 by Charlotte
Me neither...
I'm really enjoying the mods I got for Subnautica. I got one where you CAN pick up those carry-alls when they have stuff in them. And not only can you put stuff in them, you can put them one inside the other like matryoshka dolls :D So I got all seven bags and everything I found except one "large container" (I had an empty bag, I just didn't feel like trying to figure out which one it was....) with me back from the Aurora.

19 Aug 2019 15:54 #25680 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
I do find it odd that the ability to fill those bags and pick them up wasn't in the game by default.

19 Aug 2019 16:06 - 19 Aug 2019 16:07 #25681 by Charlotte
perhaps they wanted to avoid the fill one bag, put it in another bag and fill up that bag, then put it in a third bag... Perhaps the coding makes it difficult to have it both ways (carryable but not "stackable")?