April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

08 Aug 2019 21:40 #25579 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Don't be fighting Toto! :lol:

I too have been worrying about possible buggy quests in Skyrim. I haven't experienced one yet but I read that some "radiant" quests can send you back to places you've already cleared and I have cleared out a couple of dungeons during my quest avoiding explorations (including that place I claimed as my temporary home.) :S

Perhaps I should start completing them instead of just roaming around and taking pretty screenshots. :)
I did complete one big one the other day to finally join The Companions. I thought I'd botched it up and killed the guy that was with me but- Well, I won't go into it. Spoilers etc. (even though I'm sure everyone's played it except me. :lol:) But the outcome was very satisfying.
And I am now level 10. :woohoo: Still only a 7 in Morrowind. :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Aug 2019 22:00 #25582 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
:dry: I'm level 51 in Aura Kingdom. Granted, leveling up is fairly easy :p

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

09 Aug 2019 17:47 #25586 by Charlotte
so... Now I AM supposed to defeat Toto. Apparently I'm supposed to mainly stay out of his way. Easier said then done when fighting on a bridge... :dry:

:dead:

10 Aug 2019 01:50 - 10 Aug 2019 22:20 #25588 by Valence
Bridges are annoying when fighting. I remember that from a previous Morrowind battle. :blush:

But I'm still spending most of my time in Skyrim and despite acheiving Level 10 I still haven't done Dragon Rising (even though I said I would.) Instead I have scuttled off to Falkreath to do some minor quests there including finding that "other" dog. I did try to make my way to Markarth the other day, in a non-save-y kind of way. While watching a mod video I saw some footage of the place and it looked absolutely lovely so I wanted to see how good it looked "vanilla" (framerate permitting) and to grab some screenshots! :lol: But that's a tough walk. There are some imposing mountain ridges over that way and quite a lot of bandit camps to avoid. Also now my level is increasing, the random encounters are changing a little and I keep getting a few tough battles thrown my way. I'm glad it's constantly challenging in that way although it did lead to my death this time. (One less troubling encounter was with a headless ghost riding a horse. I was expecting a vicious fight but he just kept on riding past me! Well, if he had no head I suppose he had no eyes to see me. :shrug:)

Also Just Cause 2 is quite enjoyable now. I completed the opening quests and have now got to the stage where I can just explore and cause random havoc. :evil:
The early bugginess seems to have settled down and although it still freezes on exit I've found a workaround by using the Steam overlay. That has an option to force close and it does it pretty quickly and successfully without me having to access the Task Manager. And it has an easy to use screenshot option too! :)

10 Aug 2019 09:56 #25589 by Charlotte
sounds like you weren't affected by the electricity black-out in England yesterday... (I just read about it on the news)

10 Aug 2019 11:40 #25590 by Valence
Nope, it didn't happen near me. Don't know what everyone's talking about. :lol:
I think I must have better batteries than everyone else. :P

10 Aug 2019 22:46 - 10 Aug 2019 22:48 #25592 by Valence
One of the things that I like about Skyrim is the way it captures the essence of a quasi-scandinavian, medieval fantasy world in an immersive and authentic way. :confident:
Until that Falkreath dog quest. :blink:

I was expecting a simple "find dog" then "return dog" quest but it just got weirder and weirder!
First of all- No, wait. I'm gonna put this in spoilers just to preserve the crazy surprises for anyone who hasn't experienced it yet....

Warning: Spoiler!

10 Aug 2019 23:56 #25593 by Charlotte
sounds perfectly Scandinavian to me... :dry:

Meanwhile I forgot time completely (it's nearing 2 am) while playing base building in Subnautica's creative mode. They have some new stuff that's kind of cool, but I probably still have to rethink my "perfect" base design. (Why is it I can never manage "perfect"?)
Anyway, some things aren't working yet, which was a bit disappointing after exploring to find fishies and plants... I found a new abandoned base which was apparently not quite done yet because I entered through the hatch and promptly fell through the floor and down the mountainside and into a deep pit. And the game thought I was inside, so I couldn't swim out of it. Luckily it realised I was in water after saving, quitting and restarting. Since it was in Creative it wouldn't have mattered much if my progress was lost but it'd still be fairly annoying...

12 Aug 2019 22:55 - 12 Aug 2019 23:15 #25612 by Charlotte
Nope, I'm not up way past midnight playing Subnautica. Nope. Not me. It's Gandalf. :aha:
They've changed things since the last update. A deserted base previously on flat terrain is now more like in a cave and the beacon I had set up to find it again seems to have been eaten by the mountain. And there's loads new blueprints available. :woohoo:
(Gandalf loves pa... I mean, blueprints)

EDIT
Oh bloop, none of the blueprints seem to be ACTUALLY available. I can't access them to build stuff. or maybe I lost them when I tried to dive into the water and instead fell down on the seafloor and then couldn't get into my seatruck because I wasn't swimming... Had to save, and restart the game to be able to swim. Well, it IS in development... :(

13 Aug 2019 20:26 #25619 by Valence
Speaking of bases....
I now have MORE than enough gold to buy Breezehome in Skyrim, but I still haven't. For the time being I'm content using the homes of dead bandits/orcs.

I left that annoying dog behind though. I did go back to the shrine to loot it all out and I took Faendal with me to help me carry all the stuff out. Then I whistled for the horse and dumped everything on that poor beast to ride back to Whiterun. I shall now sell all the goodies (at pathetic prices!) and then.... then.... I WILL do Dragon Rising.
Honest. :)
Although I'm not looking forward to the random dragons that come afterwards. :S