April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

01 Aug 2019 13:52 #25530 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Just seen a load of people on Reddit getting nostalgic over this painting....

...and yet I seem to still be playing some of these games now. :dry:

I guess this one is more like my version of nostalgia...

Couldn't find a Speccy version... I suppose that's too old to remember. :lol:
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Aug 2019 11:02 #25533 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
I don't think I've played much of anything in that first picture (or played earlier games in the series)** so I'm not that nostalgic for any of it. I certainly do not miss Windows 95. The second pic I played a few of those, I still have a pristine copy of the little comic that Dave Gibbons did for Beneath a Steel Sky.

** I have never played any Half Life games, maybe I'll wait until the third one is released :whistle:

02 Aug 2019 11:45 #25534 by Valence
Never played Half Life?!?! :ohmy:

That shocks me. :disbelief emoji:

Just to prove that I DO play those games I finally got past the big Antlion last night (although an enormous amount of luck was involved. Hope there isn't another one.) And to tick another one off that pic, I went back to Morrowind to try and complete some quests that took me away from my usual places to The North! I started off by going to Gnaar Mok but then ended up staying there after it took an eternity to find a particular cave. The locals would only give vague directions so I wandered around and around while being plagued by cliff racers. The environment isn't kind to them up there. They keep getting stuck in the trees because of their dodgy pathfinding algorithm so I had to repeatedly guide them to a clear area so they could attack me. :eyeroll:

And I too still have a pile of Amiga boxed games under a desk! Never throw anything away. :nope:

02 Aug 2019 11:54 #25535 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

Never played Half Life?!?! :ohmy:

That shocks me. :disbelief emoji:

*Bans self* :shrug:

02 Aug 2019 13:46 #25536 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
I think I can count the games I've played, in those images, on one hand and still have a couple of fingers left... :dry:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

02 Aug 2019 20:09 - 02 Aug 2019 20:10 #25541 by Valence
You clearly have too many fingers, Charlotte. :lol:

With today's painting efforts quickly going in the bin I instead used my time to install Arkham Asylum. I didn't "play" it as such but just ran it to make sure it worked and it's pretty impressive (even runs on fairly high settings too! :ohmy:)
One minor quibble is that Windows firewall has a bit of a hissy fit. Anyone else played it and had that problem?
A quick google suggests it may have something to do with the old "Games For Windows Live" irritation. I'm not sure whether to "allow" it or just put up with the security message every time I play. :S

And a quick Skyrim episode:
I did a little job for Nazeem (you know, the annoying, arrogant, sneering man that I don't like!) to retrieve an item stolen by bandits. Killed them all, found the thing, rode back to Whiterun but got there at nearly 4am. (Game time not my time. :)) I was gonna wait until I saw him the next day, but then I remembered all his sneering so instead I found the inn where he stays, marched into the room where he was sleeping and woke him up to give him the item! :P

02 Aug 2019 21:59 #25542 by Charlotte
serves him right!
(And I have no finger for Arkham Asylum, sorry)

03 Aug 2019 00:32 #25543 by Valence
The problem didn't occur the second time I launched it so maybe it was a one-time only glitch after installing. :thumbup:
I played through a bit of it properly this time and enjoyed the intro. There are quite a lot of keyboard controls to learn, I guess it was made with controllers in mind. But I'll get the hang of it... eventually. :)

03 Aug 2019 18:34 #25545 by Valence
Hmm, not much on TV again tonight (except a near three hour Transformers movie later! :zzz:) so I'm gonna set off on one of those looooong walks in Morrowind to see if I can find the Urshilaku Camp.
I'll come back and tell you if I get there. :lol:

03 Aug 2019 18:56 #25546 by Charlotte
I'm curious about the Housing system in Aura Kingdom, but it's not available until level 55. I guess that means I should be questing and leveling up, but I took the day off to practice my fishing skills...