April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

29 Jul 2019 09:17 #25500 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
:D

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Jul 2019 20:59 #25504 by yatadragora
Replied by yatadragora on topic Gaming
sounds like your having fun Val. i have a steam coupon for 75% off dying light or the enhanced edition of it if anyone would like it just say it lasts till the 06/08/19.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Valence

29 Jul 2019 21:37 - 30 Jul 2019 01:01 #25505 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
That's a generous offer. And Dying Light looks cool. A little too cool for my graphics. :)
I know Kaz likes a bit of zombie action though... :zombie:

And yes, I am having far too much fun in Skyrim. I can't believe how far that giant clubbed me! The game reloaded the last save before I even had chance to come back down and hit the ground! :lol:

EDIT: Did I mention Skyrim? :)

Perhaps that shoddy horse portrait I did today was a premonition because on my travels I found another stray (horse, I mean, not another dog.) So I grabbed it, rode it, claimed it, named it and took it home.
So here's my latest family photo screenshot of home, dog AND horse! Oh and look, that dead orc is still dead in the background. :(
Maybe I should drag his body onto that fire! :eh: :hmm:

Also I had a strange encounter with a fugitive trying to escape from a hunter. He gave me a rather good sword and asked me to help him out and return it when he came back.
I "agreed." :S
The hunter passed by and said he'd stolen "something" so I told him exactly where the thief had gone. Thief gets killed. I keep the lovely sword. Hunter knows nothing. Everyone's a winner! :evil:
Attachments:

30 Jul 2019 21:13 #25510 by Charlotte
:ohmy: you meanie!

Meanwhile, I've been sleeping through this last week, due to the heat, so I figured I needed to get sidetracked by something so I'd stay awake all day. Seeing as I woke up around 4 am, I didn't succeed (I napped around noon) but otherwise I have indeed been sidetracked ALL day by the MMORPG Aura Kingdom. Fairly regular MMORPG, but with cutesy manga style characters (as opposed to Skyrim and Guild Wars for example). I'm not yet excellent at moving around (WASD keys... or rather, mostly QWE) and also since the characters are cutesy so are the monsters... And it's like... why would I wanna kill little red pandas, or bobby chuis? :cry:

(images stolen from Aura Kingdom Wiki)

But I do it anyway. And only reason I stopped was because I got kicked out due to server maintenance... Maybe just as well, I guess I ought to return to bed now...

30 Jul 2019 23:14 - 30 Jul 2019 23:16 #25514 by Valence
Yeah, I was like that last week. :zzz:
But it's not too bad now. It's only really hot in the sun and we've had a few thunderstorms to ease the humidity.

That looks a cute game. I'm now imagining you murdering Bobby Chiu! :lol:
And I'm glad someone else struggles with WASD. :) I'm better than I was but I seem to have the most trouble hitting the shift key with my third finger and then repeatedly hitting it when I don't want to. This happens a lot in Assassin's Creed and Windows then intervenes, telling me I've pressed one key multiple times and do I want to turn on Sticky Keys?!? Er- NO! :huh:
Now get me back to the game! :shakefist:

30 Jul 2019 23:22 #25515 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic Gaming
Oh i’m excited for Alan wake, I searched for it a long time ago & it just wasn’t available. Hope it comes out on switch or PS4.

I bought Yesterday’s origins a couple of days ago. I’ve not stopped playing since. So good!

31 Jul 2019 12:42 #25521 by Charlotte
And of course I had to go get sidetracked by a game that is having a massive maintenance/server merge going on the day after I start playing :(

31 Jul 2019 12:47 #25522 by yatadragora
Replied by yatadragora on topic Gaming
Kazky want that voucher?

01 Aug 2019 11:12 #25528 by Charlotte
Under no circumstances did I lose track of time and accidentally play Aura Kingdom until 4 am this morning. Nope. Nor did I use up all my character slots just to play with different classes and hair colours... :dry:

01 Aug 2019 11:32 #25529 by Valence
I played a bit of Half Life 2: Ep1 last night (in a desperate attempt to stay away from Skyrim) and I'd forgotten how much I hated those Antlions and the way they pop up out of holes in the ground. And then you eventually have to face that big one that charges around all over the place and seems to take 50 grenades to kill! :(
Hurry up and die!!

And then in Skyrim (still couldn't stay away! :lol:) I did a bit of trading. It's a bit easier with a horse because you can carry a lot more and sell in bulk. I do miss the haggling from previous games, in this one it's just a single, take it or leave it offer and it's never a good price. Perhaps I should use my leveling perks on Speechcraft. :hmm: