April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

26 Jul 2019 22:53 #25480 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
It's only quaint when you can't see the pile of naked dead orcs. But that's what fences are for. :lol:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Jul 2019 23:13 #25481 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
True. Swedish law at least states that you must not litter a place where the public has access (even visual).

So dead bodies don't go away after a while? I most games they poof after a few seconds or minutes...

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

27 Jul 2019 01:35 #25483 by Valence
No, not straight away.
I did google it after worrying about the dead orc in the bed, I really didn't want him there while I was sleeping! That's how I discovered that you can drag them around by holding down the "E" key. Apparently they're supposed to "go away" after a few in-game days (giving you time to loot and take the stuff to storage or to sell which often requires a couple of trips due to carrying limitations) but sometimes... they don't.
Won't that be lovely! :)

27 Jul 2019 09:15 #25484 by Charlotte
Good thing smell isn't included...

28 Jul 2019 13:53 #25493 by Valence
I completed that sneaky, spying, eavesdropping mission in Assassin's Creed last night. It was good fun and all that climbing, jumping and activating switches felt a bit like Tomb Raider. And sure enough, I found a tomb at the end of it! :lol:
I have now learned of yet more tombs to find but next I think I need to steal some more of those codex pages.

I also had a browse at Epic's upcoming freebies and I saw that Alan Wake is coming soon. :)
I've almost bought that twice on Steam but I always chicken out cos of "Minimum Specs" but if it's gonna be free then that's no risk at all! :P

28 Jul 2019 17:45 #25494 by Charlotte
Who's Alan Wake?
And there's a list of upcoming freebies? :blink:

28 Jul 2019 21:29 #25495 by Valence
The "list" is only what google tells me (or DuckDuckGo, depending on which is my friend. :P)
They seem to be giving away two each week at the moment because of certain game ratings. Or something. :dunno:

28 Jul 2019 23:41 #25496 by Charlotte
OK. The Epic Launcher usually tells me what's currently free, though last time I looked the games weren't actually even available yet so I dunno how they can be free...

And Alan Wake? (OK it's a video game.... Never heard of it before... One google result states that he's "pushed to the brink of sanity" which makes me wonder if he's insane to begin with :huh:)

29 Jul 2019 00:18 #25497 by Valence
I never seem to use the Epic Launcher so that's why I intermittently google them :)

I remember Alan Wake being one of those games that was forever hyped and took so long to develop that people thought it would never be released. It kinda sounds a bit like the Silent Hill games, heavy on story with a creepy ominous mood.
Like I said, it frequently kept popping up on my Steam searches/recommendations and I was always tempted but getting it for free will be more than tempting and if it does turn into an unplayable slideshow then I haven't lost anything. Even the LowSpecGamer video of it uses better Intel graphics than mine which is worrying. :lol:

29 Jul 2019 02:19 - 29 Jul 2019 02:25 #25498 by Valence
Extra Skyrim update....

Still can't kill the mammoth. I really wanted to get this little quest done because I kind of like Ysolda as a character. She has ambition and wants to be something better than she currently is and she's always trying to learn things from the traders even though Nazeem sneers at her (well, he sneers at everyone really!) So I don't like Nazeem, but I do like Ysolda so I wanted to get her the tusk but... mammoths?!
I tried to get a follower to help me (that archer elf fellow from Riverwood) but even two of us couldn't take one down and then the giants got involved. :eyeroll: I tried to run away but the big lumbering thing swung his club and launched me into the air almost into orbit. I think I now know what a home run feels like! :lol:
So with that failure I went into the local tavern to cry over some mead and what do I see on the shelf behind? A mammoth tusk!!
Sadly she doesn't sell it so I did some super sneaking. Well, I did some rubbish sneaking first and someone looked at me and said, "Are you trying to hide? Cos I can see you quite clearly!" :blush: But then I did some better sneaking and grabbed it when no-one was looking.
Much better, I didn't really want to kill a mammoth anyway.

EDIT: Oh, and back at "home", the orc bodies are STILL there. :dead: