April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

25 Jul 2019 01:28 #25461 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
OK, now the sun's gone down it's NOT too warm to play. =D

I changed my mind about those mods. Convenient Horses was a little too slow with too many scripts (although that crazy "big game hunter" armour with the horns looked awesome!) so I swapped it out for the Immersive Horses (which allows you to "claim" stolen horses. :evil:) The journal mod is great though, I keep pausing to write my progress as an epic (yet boring) fantasy novel. :lol:

And I found a stray dog...

...isn't he cute?
It keeps following me around.
I'm not too far from Falkreath so he may have run away from there. I'll make my way down there but I think I'll make it wait before the outskirts because it may be a quest related dog and I don't want to pre-empt anything without asking around first. :hmm:

Also I found some more burnt out bodies, humans and horses with a ruined carriage. That dragon's been out and about again. :dry:
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Jul 2019 08:44 #25463 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Morrowind is on sale. Environments look nice, characters....not so much. Should I, shouldn't I...?

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

25 Jul 2019 11:21 #25464 by Valence
Annoyingly Skyrim is on sale too on Steam. The Special Edition is now fractionally less than the tenner I paid for the base game yet the individual DLC is STILL overpriced at more than thirty quid! :rage:
Bethesda are very naughty. :(

Yep, Morrowind's characters are the weakest part of the original game (as well as the shocking draw distance.) But mods! :)
Better Bodies and Better Faces make the people easier on the eye and the graphics extender gives you a nice deep view, lots of grass, fancy shaders and fewer frames per second. :lol:

You'd hate the fatigue system though. Nothing can save you from that!

25 Jul 2019 14:24 #25466 by Charlotte
Yeah, I opted out. Like I've said before (and in spite of downloading more games after that), I think I have enough :P

25 Jul 2019 19:26 - 25 Jul 2019 20:37 #25467 by Valence
It's too warm to play again.
But I only ever walk around in Skyrim and that's not energetic in any way. Soooo...
That was my thought process and it went quite well until I stumbled on a camp of Orc Hunters. I really didn't want a fight so I decided to be a coward and run away.... BUT- The cute stray doggie that's following me decided to dive in and start attacking them!?
Well, I couldn't let them kill the dog, could I? Just look at his cute face!

So I'm now hot and sweaty from killing orcs. I actually think there's at least one more to kill behind a door but that can wait for a cooler day. :)

25 Jul 2019 19:31 #25468 by Charlotte
and they say computer geeks gets no exercise...

25 Jul 2019 20:40 #25469 by Valence
Nope, no exercise, just sweating. :lol:

And I've only now discovered that magic weapons in Skyrim don't automatically recharge. :(
I'll have to find/buy soul gems on my walks. :eyeroll:

25 Jul 2019 20:58 #25470 by Charlotte
well sweating is pretty much what exercise entails, isn't it? :dumb:

Besides, science has shown that just imagining performing exercises has an effect so why shouldn't gaming have one too? :P

26 Jul 2019 21:19 #25478 by Valence
There is a missing dog quest in Falkreath (I must have read about it previously cos it was an odd thing to jump into my mind) but I don't think it's THIS dog. I guess that makes it my dog now. :)

And after clearing out the camp of nasty Orcs I also took a liking to their place. It has beds, a worktable for armour and weapons and even an alchemy lab downstairs. Also I've checked online and it's a safe place for storage too with no respawning. So I guess that makes it my home too. With my dog. :lol:

I was slightly annoyed that the Orc leader had the nerve to die on the nice big bed. I don't fancy the idea of resting next to his corpse so I had to drag his body away and chuck it down the stairs.
So with that cleaned up I popped back outside to see the dog and saw that it was night-time already. And there was aurora again! :excited:
So I took yet another screenshot of my new dog and new home under a lovely glowing sky...

Attachments:

26 Jul 2019 21:36 #25479 by Charlotte
awww what a quaint little place :)