March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Gaming

15 Jul 2019 21:00 #25346 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
You look surprisingly happy about having been killed by a mammoth... :dry:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Jul 2019 21:30 #25347 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Of course! :lol:

I was more happy at getting back to walking again after a post-death re-load. I don't think the game had much confidence in my mammoth-fighting skills because it did an auto-save for me as soon as I saw the beast!

15 Jul 2019 21:41 #25348 by Charlotte
Yeah we all love mammoths. Even when they kill us. :aha:
Nice of the game...

17 Jul 2019 15:54 #25371 by Charlotte
Torchlight turned out to be... one of those games you can't stop because there's just one more skellington around the corner. And it's very satisfying (if maybe a bit too easy) when you can whack all said skellingtons with one big thump and they're gone. Mostly.

18 Jul 2019 01:48 - 18 Jul 2019 01:51 #25377 by Valence
Do you whack skellingtons? I prefer shooting things from a "safe" distance and letting the cat do the hard work. :)

Meanwhile in Skyrim, after failing to shoot the mammoth from a "safe" distance I thought that maybe I'd try a different weapon...

Hmm, two mammoths versus a sword at night. I wonder if that will turn out well. :hmm:

Spoiler: It didn't.
And more mammoths came to trample my dead body. One reload later and I ignored the mammoths and successfully managed to steal a horse for a bit instead of having to buy one at the stables. Riding around on that was fun although the horses do look a bit chunky. The ones you ride in Assassin's Creed look a bit more lithe and turn a little easier. :confident:
I feel like I'm becoming a connoiseur of video game horses. :P

I'm sure I'll get back to a quest... eventually.
Attachments:

18 Jul 2019 09:05 #25378 by Charlotte
I usually do prefer to shoot things from a safe distance, preferably with fire balls... But it turns out whacking things with my staff seems much more efficient. Although a bow is better for the green glowing types. :confident:

18 Jul 2019 10:46 #25379 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic Gaming
I bought Obduction last weekend as hubby got home on Friday, i'm really enjoying it, I only played it for an hour or so but it's definitely my kind of game. Thanks for mentioning it Charlotte

18 Jul 2019 12:47 #25384 by Charlotte
You're welcome Kaz - I hope you don't need a walk through like I did :P

18 Jul 2019 22:14 - 18 Jul 2019 22:16 #25394 by Charlotte
I just had to do ONE more level of Torchlight before bed. Found some sort of "Court Garb". Great, that should cover more than this simple little mini skirt, right? Nope*. I can't quite decide whether it's the shortest skirt I've seen or a pair of (short) shorts.... and brown. What's so courtly about that? I think I'll have to play through as one of the male characters too, I doubt they run around in thigh high boots, mini skirts and push up bras**... :dry:

*At least it's greater armor than anything before it.

** (edit) - come to think of it, the big buff guy could look rather funny in such attire...

18 Jul 2019 22:28 - 19 Jul 2019 01:19 #25396 by Valence
I've completed one quest in Torchlight. I'm not quite sure what it was (something about a bat creature?) I didn't know what I was doing and upon completion I didn't even realise that I'd done it! :lol:
But it's still fun in a baffling, linear way.

EDIT: And a few hours later....
I just saw the aurora lighting up the night sky in Skyrim!! :cheer:
Absolutely beautiful. I was in Riverwood at the time and I tried to dash back through Whiterun to get a "perfect" screenshot of it above Dragonsreach but I was too slow. Maybe next time. :)