April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Adult Colouring books

27 Jun 2016 12:38 #13990 by kazky
Adult Colouring books was created by kazky
I know it's a bit of a girly thing, but does anyone do those adult colouring books? I've got a couple of the 'Zen' ones and Its quite fun.

I wonder if we should have a design comp?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Jun 2016 12:43 #13991 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Adult Colouring books
Those books seem to be everywhere these days :P I bought one for my sis for christmas, with some sort of meditation mandala designs. She seems to be into meditaion and yoga and positive thinking plus all kinds of unscientific stuff I find laughable. But apparently she laughed at the colouring book :P Hopefully her kid likes it, though.

I've still only made 3-4 pics for that kid's colouring book I was hoping to finish before my niece retires from a long working life but, I haven't done anything at all for that in over a year. Anyway, when I see the ones in the shops I keep thinking I'd find it more fun to do the patterns too, and not just the colouring, so... yeah, maybe we could get our own colouring book on site :P

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

27 Jun 2016 12:48 #13993 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic Adult Colouring books
yeah i was thinking of the one you're doing.

The ones in my books are soooo complicated, i wouldn't know where to start.

Can't believe your sis laughed though, I bet she secretly loves them, it's like being a kid again!

27 Jun 2016 13:00 #13996 by Charlotte
well if she isn't using it, maybe I'll just go ahead and borrow it while I'm visiting :)

27 Jun 2016 13:09 #13999 by kazky
Get that colouring book stashed in your bag!

27 Jun 2016 15:22 #14008 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Adult Colouring books
I would find those books to be a bit limiting, all that staying inside the lines.
I think people would be much better off with a normal sketchpad and maybe that Betty Edwards book about the right side of the brain for a bit of encouragement and inspiration.

One big plus side of the colouring book phenomenon is that it offers a great moneymaking outlet for artists who can do complex linework.
And I say that with all the seething bitterness of someone who CAN'T do that complex linework. :lol:

27 Jun 2016 15:48 #14009 by Charlotte
I think they'd have to sell an awful lot of them to make much money from it though :P But I have seen the same name on quite a few of them...

27 Jun 2016 17:12 #14010 by kazky
I guess anything that gets people being creative is good, but staying within the lines it brutal