April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

ImagineFX on Zinio

20 Jun 2016 12:11 #13912 by kazky
ImagineFX on Zinio was created by kazky
Has anyone had a problem with their imaginefx issues on zinio ipad app?

Out of 10 issues i can only access the video tutorials on one of them. I've been in 'email conversation' with zinio since March and there's nothing they can do to solve it on previous issues apparently, but new ones should be fine. However last night i opened my two new issues and the issue is still there.

Before i go ranting, is it just me with the problem?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Jun 2016 13:18 #13913 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic ImagineFX on Zinio
Hi Kaz! Good to see you back. :)

How do you normally access the videos on zinio?
I'm still one of those old "paper magazine" fossils and I access them by just using the ifxm.ag URL that's on the resources page (usually just after the contents page) and this then takes you to the relevant page on the creativebloq website where you can either download the videos or just watch them on YouTube.
Is this process different on iPads? :unsure:

20 Jun 2016 13:40 #13914 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic ImagineFX on Zinio
Good to be back Valence, thank you :)

On the pages of the mag in the app i usually click the gold medal thingy which then opens up the video file, it's normally linked, i now either get an 'oops something went wrong' message or it does nothing.

Its so annoying as I like to watch the tutorials. I changed from the imaginefx app because with zinio i could read across platforms, that was a mistake!

20 Jun 2016 14:25 #13915 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic ImagineFX on Zinio
Does the zinio version still have the resources page with the URL code?
I know that going through the browser is a bit more fiddly than the direct click and play option but you should still be able to watch the YouTube videos that way.

20 Jun 2016 18:55 #13916 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic ImagineFX on Zinio
Yeah I think i'll have to go that route, I won't re-subscribe, to be fair they have given me 2 free mags so I guess a little extra clicking won't be so bad :)