April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Clip Manga Paint EX Studio

08 Feb 2016 07:06 - 08 Feb 2016 08:17 #13312 by Joe
Personally, I think Clip Studio Paint is the dumbest name in all of SoftwareLand.

blog.mysmithmicro.com/manga-studio-to-cl...l&utm_source=twitter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Feb 2016 10:47 #13314 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Clip Manga Paint EX Studio
You are not wrong. I knew it was coming because it was mentioned last month in one of their webinar videos. It makes sense to have a single name for the product, but they went with the wrong one (a bit like Digital Tutors changing to Pluralsight).

08 Feb 2016 11:09 #13315 by Joe
Replied by Joe on topic Clip Manga Paint EX Studio

(a bit like Digital Tutors changing to Pluralsight).

Ugh!

08 Feb 2016 14:25 #13320 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Clip Manga Paint EX Studio
Pluralsight?
Really?!

Oh dear.

08 Feb 2016 19:40 #13321 by Charlotte
"Pluralsight - the software for all your non-cyclops needs"
(gets even better with booze or otherwise induced double vision)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

08 Feb 2016 20:49 #13322 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Clip Manga Paint EX Studio
It just reminds me of pleurisy.
And I'm sure that's exactly the image they want to project to their customers! :P

18 Mar 2016 11:12 #13560 by Banj
Anyone that is already a license holder probably already has the email, but just in case...

Free update for Manga Studio 5 / Clip Studio Paint users now available that includes the new animation features . Go here and stick your serial number in the relevant page to start going through the unnecessarily long winded update download process: my.smithmicro.com/manga-studio-ex-5-updates.html or my.smithmicro.com/manga-studio-5-updates.html depending on your version.

(There is also a discount available currently until the 21st of March which I will go and post in the discount thread as well: my.smithmicro.com/manga-studio-5.html or my.smithmicro.com/manga-studio-ex-5.html ).

18 Mar 2016 12:24 #13563 by Banj
Well, I have installed the update. Although, being Clip Studio Paint it installs separately from my existing MS install, so they now co-exist on my computer. It still appears to make use of the same preference settings and custom brushes etc. that I have in MS which is nice.

It also seems to just dump the new palettes for the animation stuff floating in the middle of the screen and expect you to make your own animation layout instead of having a preset layout ready to go.

18 Mar 2016 16:58 #13565 by Joe
Replied by Joe on topic Clip Manga Paint EX Studio

It also seems to just dump the new palettes for the animation stuff floating in the middle of the screen

Yes, I found that very odd too. It looks just thrown in at the last minute. Nice to have it though.

You probably know this - and would perhaps expect it too - but people should be aware that this version creates a new file type and is not compatible with any Manga Studio version - and I think any previous Clip Studio.

18 Mar 2016 17:24 #13568 by Banj

You probably know this - and would perhaps expect it too - but people should be aware that this version creates a new file type and is not compatible with any Manga Studio version - and I think any previous Clip Studio.

I found out after I posted when I read the releasenote pdf and a few posts about the update elsewhere. Worth mentioning, and probably why it is a separate install rather than an update for the existing install.

When I originally heard they were adding animation tools I expected it to be a main feature of a whole new version, so it's nice of them to put it in a free update.