April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Nabaroo

26 Nov 2015 10:26 #12860 by Joe
Nabaroo was created by Joe
Anyone heard about this or have a membership? I received an invite but I suspect it was just a sweep to get more "members".

nabaroo.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Nov 2015 08:53 #12864 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Nabaroo
Queen Amidala had to get back there after... wait, that was Naboo. Never heard of nabaroo I'm afraid.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joe

27 Nov 2015 14:26 - 27 Nov 2015 21:36 #12867 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Nabaroo
No, I've never heard of it before, but then I'm not one for networking and I certainly don't get invited to sites. :) Wow, what must that be like? Either you feel like a celebrity VIP or you feel like you've just been spammed.
But it looks like a nice little site in a clean minimalist way, although the discussion area could do with a bit more in the way of options.

27 Nov 2015 19:03 #12870 by Joe
Replied by Joe on topic Nabaroo
Yeah, I'm not a networker either, Valence, and I'm not even sure what Nabaroo is all about or what I'm supposed to do. It says it's new but there are comments from 11 months ago. I'm always a bit sceptical about "invites" and the like. I don't wish to be ungrateful, so it's nice, but I wonder what's in it for them?

27 Nov 2015 21:45 #12871 by Valence
I'm just sceptical when companies use the word "creative" as a noun. I remember once reading a novel set in the advertising world where this was mocked with the slogan "Creative creatives creating creative creative!" (Aside: I also don't like "reference" as a verb even though it's sort of acceptable in some cases. But it's hard to be a pedant when you can't type. :))

I think all that Nabaroo "Nabbing" makes it a bit like Pinterest for artists. Or Collections in dA. But then again I don't understand dA either. :P

19 Jan 2016 09:18 #13196 by CherryGraphics
Replied by CherryGraphics on topic Nabaroo
Yay I've got TWO invitation mails of them because I ignored the first xD So is NOW anybody there I know ? ^^

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance

19 Jan 2016 15:40 #13198 by Valence
Seems like all the cool kids get invited. :lol:

And my inbox is still spam-free! :woohoo:

27 Jan 2016 13:21 #13225 by Banj

Seems like all the cool kids get invited. :lol:

And my inbox is still spam-free! :woohoo:

I received an invite a couple of days ago to another equally oddly named art site. I have no idea why I was invited though as all the artwork seemed to be very much Anime/Manga styled and I don't have any work like that.

28 Jan 2016 02:08 #13227 by Valence
Another one?? Makes me glad I'm off that particular grid.
As the doorman says, "Your name's not down, you're not coming in!"

Maybe you should send out your own invitations to all their members. Let's see how they like it! :evil:

28 Jan 2016 14:50 #13231 by Banj
Well we do have an invite system here.