April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Corel Painter 2016 released

11 Aug 2015 15:42 - 11 Aug 2015 15:43 #12013 by Banj
:( As the title says Painter 2016 appears to be out: www.painterartist.com/us/product/paint-p...487754611.1439307587

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Aug 2015 18:02 #12018 by Charlotte
why the sad face? Would you prefer Painter to stay inside?

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

12 Aug 2015 10:34 #12036 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Corel Painter 2016 released
I don't know how the emote got in there. I was typing on my tablet so I may have accidentally clipped the tool bar as I was posting. Having said that, the new version doesn't appear to do much of anything that the 2015 version doesn't already do, I will need to spend a bit more time looking at the features list but I don't see myself upgrading at the moment.

25 Aug 2015 11:42 #12128 by Digital Dave
Reading your post above, you already answered the question I was going to ask. ... As in what was new or better with the 2016 version.

Seems lately that some of these art program upgrades have less and less to offer with each new version. Can't imagine it gets many people to upgrade without offering something substantial to the older version.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

26 Aug 2015 13:05 - 26 Aug 2015 13:05 #12150 by Yian
Replied by Yian on topic Corel Painter 2016 released
A new version of Painter! This is happy news indeed! :(

28 Aug 2015 16:51 #12168 by Joe
Replied by Joe on topic Corel Painter 2016 released
The new Dynamic Speckles are really rather nice. They are far superior to the Real Bristle technology and you can now get much more usable bristle type brushes. There's also an improvement to the blending process too. It clears up most of the "white fringe" issues of the past. These would be the main reasons for upgrading in my opinion although it is quite expensive for an upgrade. I'd wait to see if there are any special offers available soon.

There is also the ability to use the particle technology with all of the other dab types, etc. so you can now have a particle watercolour brush or impasto. These improvements may not sound like much but the brushes just got a whole lot better.