March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Windows 10

20 Jul 2016 14:05 #14189 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Windows 10
well I've check most my cables multiple times and it's not a random colour. It's the blue screen of the sad smiley (win 10 equivalent of the blue screen of death) only most of the time the computer freezes before it has time to finish loading, so I just get some blue at the top of the screen.

Regarding the rest I err... huh? :dumb:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Jul 2016 14:09 #14190 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Windows 10

it's not a random colour. It's the blue screen of the sad smiley (win 10 equivalent of the blue screen of death)

Ah, I see. :pinch:

Guru Meditation Error... :(

20 Jul 2016 14:34 #14191 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Windows 10
I remember Guru Meditation! Those red flashing boxes were super scary. Much more panicky than BSOD.

Can't help with Win 10, though. I'm still managing to get XP to work. And when I say "work" I'm being generous.
But I certainly don't envy all those forced updates and privacy issues.

20 Jul 2016 15:05 #14193 by Charlotte
I have completely ignored privacy issues :P and the updates are probably why my computer is always thinking so much even when 'm not using it. No idea what Gurus or BSODs are...

20 Jul 2016 15:09 #14194 by Banj

No idea what Gurus or BSODs are...

BSOD = Blue Screen Of Death

Guru Meditation was the old Amiga equivalent of the BSOD.

20 Jul 2016 15:55 #14195 by Charlotte
oooooh I see... :)

23 Jul 2016 18:52 #14214 by Charlotte
so are these forced updates what makes my computer restart itself without asking (or warning)? Or is that not supposed to happen? I'd rather it didn't happen, anyway *grumblemumbles*

23 Jul 2016 22:01 #14215 by Thomgirl
Replied by Thomgirl on topic Windows 10
I'm just going to say I hate Windows 10. Hate, hate, hate it. It's such a crap attempt at 'oooh, people love the iPad lets make our PC work the same way!'. I just want my PC to be a PC. Finding anything on it is so counter intuitive and just a pain. They had a good thing going with Windows 7 and instead of working with what works they just went... well... dumb. Fortunately, I do all my painting on my Macbook Pro. But I have a PC for gaming and was forced to move to Windows 8 at the time because Microsoft got this 'brilliant' idea to forcibly remove any other versions of Windows from all store shelves. If you have windows 7, I'd say stick with that for as long as you can, but sadly there is no longer any support for it from Microsoft so in that world, you're left in the cold.

Crappy, crappity, crap, crap. Grrr... *shouts at kids to get off her lawn*

25 Jul 2016 12:18 #14217 by Banj
Well, it's installed. So far I'm actually liking it. There are a few things I don't like, but they are things I'll probably just get used to and I disliked things in 7 and XP as well. Mostly it isn't as different from 7 as I expected.

26 Jul 2016 00:43 #14221 by Thomgirl
Replied by Thomgirl on topic Windows 10
You're a better man than I, Banj ;) What counts is you liking it :) I find navigating it to be more cumbersome, but as long as it makes sense to you, that's what counts :D