April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Just a head's up, in case...

02 Jul 2015 01:18 - 02 Jul 2015 11:19 #11624 by Digital Dave
Hey everyone, just wanted to pass this along in case anyone finds themselves in a similar situation. A couple months ago I started getting e-mails for something to do with Xbox Rewards? Something I don't recall signing up for, so I simply deleted them at first thinking it was spam. ... After a while, I realized I was getting them quite regularly. Since this actually started around the same time I installed my new XboxOne, along with a new TV, I figured maybe it was a default assigned thingy with the new console for the XboxOne? But I notice the gamertag on the mails was for a BlondDoor500580, which was definitely not me, but was assigned or tied into my e-mail address.

So while chatting with a Microsoft agent about this last night and trying to get it resolved, Holly, who was very nice, tried to help me with this. But unfortunately when she tried to 'free up' my e-mail account Digital._.Dave @ live.com, (something she said that was needed before moving on) she unintentionally removed it as an alias. BTW - STOP! DO NOT DO THIS!!! :ohmy: ... When I tried to sign into the mail account, I simply got the message this e-mail no longer exist! :blink: She gave me a number to call and said they would be able to re-assign the e-mail back to me with no problems. ... :whistle: Well, yep, she was wrong! Though that damn button may say REMOVE, it should actually say DETONATE! Because once it's clicked, there's no turning back.

So when I called back, the gentlemen I spoke with this time immediately said Sir, I'm very sorry, but I believe you can say goodbye to that e-mail forever. I've only seen this a couple times now, but when one of the agents means to simply remove the e-mail from an account, they unwittingly obliterate the e-mail account itself.. :( Even though he did take the time to try and revive it with a few different methods, no matter what we did, it apparently was gone. So, I had to create a new one, and since he said most of the new mails were going to outlook.com, I tried switching to that domain and it worked. So though I've spent a few hours now updating damn near everything I know! I now have a new e-mail. - I think there are only a couple people here that have ever used my old e-mail, and the new one has been updated on this site. But it's still Digital._.Dave but instead of @live.com, it's @outlook.com.

What sucks is that I created this particular e-mail when I joined these forums, back when it was under IFX. So I've had it for quite a while. And you don't realize how many things it's tied to until something like this happens. So if you ever update your info, make sure you don't use the remove feature, simply make another e-mail your primary alias. You would think you would at least get a pop-up box warning, You Are About To Delete This E-mail, Continue? but nope, nothing, just poof. :)

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.