April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

03 Jan 2019 21:32 #23284 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
It seemed to me that all the male characters in Man From UNCLE were trying really hard to sound like Roger Moore as that 1980s James Bond, which is not really something you should strive for in your career. :lol:

Having said that, Roger Moore was always the actor I associated with Bond, not because he was the best, or even good in any way. He was just the first one I saw, so that wooden delivery and raised eyebrow is something that has always been part of that character for me. But that doesn't mean I want to see other modern actors doing it in completely different films. :nope:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Jan 2019 23:36 #23299 by Valence
I am now 20 minutes into Sucker Punch and I'm slightly confused.

I think I need to put the internet away and concentrate. :)

05 Jan 2019 17:00 #23300 by Valence
.....continued....

Well that was a very odd movie. I didn't hate it, in fact I rather liked the style and designs, but it felt strangely fetishistic (I think that's a real word.) And if that ending had a deeper meaning then it passed by deeper than I could understand. :lol:

06 Jan 2019 00:19 #23303 by Valence
And for my lazy Saturday movie I gave in and watched Cloud Atlas even though I previously said that I didn't want to see a film based on my all-time favourite book.
I don't think I've ever had such mixed feelings when watching a movie. On a couple of occasions it almost reached the profundity of the book but far too often it fell way, way short and casting the actors in multiple roles was a terrible decision. Also abandoning the original's nested structure made it a bit of a tonal mess. Perhaps it would have worked better as a TV series, or maybe it really is unfilmable.
At least I still have the book. :shrug:

07 Jan 2019 11:41 #23310 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park

I am now 20 minutes into Sucker Punch

You have my deepest sympathies. I too went through the same traumatic experience and survived with only minor brain damage (luckily it was the part of the brain responsible for remembering the film in detail, so every cloud...).

07 Jan 2019 22:22 #23333 by Valence

I too went through the same traumatic experience...

If I learned anything from Sucker Punch it's this: If you want to overcome a traumatic experience then you should imagine yourself doing a sexy dance, and then within that dance you should imagine yourself fighting in a series of video-game-style action sequences. Then everything will be just fine... for someone else!? :confident:

07 Jan 2019 22:39 #23334 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
so one should imagine imagining something else than what one's imagining? :unsure:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

08 Jan 2019 13:47 #23342 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
I also saw "Fantastic beasts and how to take far longer than necessary to find them" at the weekend. It spent a long time getting to the point at which it was obviously going to arrive at right from the beginning.

08 Jan 2019 13:55 #23344 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
well, but fantastic or not it's not really about the beasts... :dry:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

08 Jan 2019 14:20 #23346 by Valence
The first time I saw it I couldn't stop myself shouting at the TV, "Hurry up and swap the damn cases!"