March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

The Trailer Park

02 Jan 2019 16:12 #23255 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
Thanks to Christmas television I have now managed to see the whole of Jurassic World. After two previous attempts I didn't fall asleep this time. I have also managed to see the whole of Age of Ultron. After two previous attempts to record it and missing the last ten to fifteen minutes, I actually saw the end this time.

Still haven't seen The BFG (I did record it, hopefull it wont take three viewings to see it all), but I did see The Revenant last night and that was pretty great (ish).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Jan 2019 16:37 - 02 Jan 2019 16:38 #23256 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
I can't recall, is Jurassic World the last one which I've not seen or the one with the "amusement park"? I think the "world" one is the last one, but I can't recall what the one before was called... :P

I've watched the 2015 The Man from U.N.C.L.E - which really should be called the people from UNCLE. It wasn't great. Saw parts of Blade Runner (and I think I might actually recognize it from more than just images, but not sure) - I felt too uncomfortable with a scene where HF's character pretty much bullies that girl (Rachel?) into making out with him (and possibly more, but I changed channels).

I'm still playing Subnautica way more than what's good for me, and not watching TV much. I just realised I could use those scanner room cameras as recon drones (yes, yes Banj, I can hear your "duh") which is fun, except they get hijacked by stalkers who think they're scrap and try to add them to their collections. Actually that's kinda fun too. Now I'm wondering if those wormy things in the glowy shrooms are (very) dangerous or not. :unsure:

EDIT: and I'm wondering if it's possible to find "Wilson"...

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

02 Jan 2019 16:46 #23258 by Banj
Jurassic World is the first of the new series. It has an escaped genetic hybrid thing (which, as they do actually point out, is actually what all the creatures in these films are anyway) that has super amazing camouflage skillz (like the things in the book of Jurassic Park: The Lost World which never appeared in the film adaptation, but which would have been better than what they did have). It also has a Velociraptor and Tyrannosaurus Rex tag team.

02 Jan 2019 16:50 #23260 by Charlotte
Riiight so it is the one I have seen. Twice. So what was the name of the last one then??? I remember saying something about how the name hinted they weren't on an island anymore and people got upset and said I was giving things away (duh). Hmm, but come to think of it that WAS probably regarding Jurassic World. I've only seen the trailer for the last one which seems to go further towards horror, though I might be mistaken.

02 Jan 2019 16:55 - 02 Jan 2019 16:56 #23261 by Banj
erm... Jurassic World 2 :dry:

(it's Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom apparently)

02 Jan 2019 17:08 #23265 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
I think it was called Fallen Kingdom? Maybe? I haven't seen it either.

02 Jan 2019 17:08 - 02 Jan 2019 17:09 #23266 by Valence
And Banj's small font is too small for my eyes. :lol:

02 Jan 2019 17:41 #23268 by Charlotte
:lol:

02 Jan 2019 22:46 - 03 Jan 2019 01:26 #23276 by Valence
The only things I recall from The Revenant are the bear, the horse going over a cliff and mumbly Tom Hardy. I recorded that too so I may refresh those recollections later. :)

I have seen Man From UNCLE as well and wasn't impressed. But I'm not familiar with the old TV show so I don't know if they were making fun of it or not. :shrug: I'm not a big fan of Henry Cavill either, he seems an absolute plank to me, and his co-star wasn't any better so the whole film was a charisma-free-zone. I did like that split-screen montage in the middle, that was a cleverly done sequence, and all the female stars tried their best. But if the acting improves when Hugh Grant turns up then you know there's something not right. :)

EDIT: There I was moaning about Henry Cavill's films, yet despite my prejudices I have just been reasonably entertained by Man Of Steel! No-one is more surprised than I am. :lol:

03 Jan 2019 04:45 #23278 by Charlotte
Oh right, that's who it was. I thought he looked familiar...
I had a bit of an issue with all three of the main characters totally lacking any sense of humour or "acting ability" (I mean, if you're an under cover agent, don't you need to be able to pretend you're someone else? Even I could have done better* :P)

*than the characters, probably not better than the actual actors.