April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

08 Dec 2018 17:04 #23046 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
Yeah, I don't always catch things until repeat viewings.
I re-watched Batman Begins last night and was surprised to see a very young Joffrey, long before his subsequent evil antics. :lol: Also the lead singer of James had a weird little cameo too that I missed last time round. "That guy looks like Tim Booth," I kept saying to the TV. In the end I had to pause it and Google just to satisfy myself. :)

I remember not really liking that film when I first watched it but I enjoyed it this time and I certainly prefer it to the overhyped sequel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Dec 2018 23:30 #23048 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
I just rewatched Terminator - Genisys. I couldn't recall if I'd actually seen the whole thing or just the trailer... Turns out I had seen it. And I think I agree with Kyle Reese. Time travel gives me a headache.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

09 Dec 2018 15:54 #23049 by Valence
That was the one that completely and unambiguously gave away the ending in the trailer so I can understand your confusion. :lol:
It's also one of those films that everyone hates yet I think it's kind of OK. :shrug: Not as good as T2 obviously but better than some of those recent sequels.
I was never that much of a fan of the first one though, so perhaps that's why I'm not as protective of the franchise. The original always felt like a B-movie to me and that 80's dancing in the nightclub is horribly dated and embarrassing. :)

09 Dec 2018 16:03 #23050 by Charlotte
I seem to have put any terminator dancing out of my head. I rather like this one too, because of Emilia Clarke I think, and "pops". I dislike the liquid terminators since they seem a bit too unstoppable, rather like the Aliens which I don't care for much either...

09 Dec 2018 18:24 #23051 by Charlotte
Today I'm watching Austenland. For a brief moment there I thought it could be nice to do something like that - like live rp for an historical time period, or fantasy sci-fi of course. Then I realised I prefer computer games where one can choose one's own appearance... :P

But there have been some words of wisdom uttered already in this fine cineastic (?) experience (it's now the first commercial break)
"Don't be sad. Think about all the people who hang themselves! The next day they feel different, but there's nothing they can do about it!"

09 Dec 2018 20:56 #23052 by Valence
What a charming piece of fortune-cookie scriptwriting. :lol:

I'm about to record Edge Of Tomorrow. I remember liking that the only other time I saw it so I'm looking forward to a re-watch, but I think I may save it for when it's needed over Christmas. :)
In the mean time I think I might waste an hour or two in Morrowind, which is probably my version of Austenland.

10 Dec 2018 14:56 #23055 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
I also recorded Edge of Tomorrow, but I haven't seen it before. I probably wont save of for Cristmas, I'll watch it after I continue with Shadow of the Colossus, where I will spend a great amount of time swearing at the horse.

10 Dec 2018 15:08 #23056 by Charlotte
:dry:

10 Dec 2018 15:29 #23057 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
:unsure:

10 Dec 2018 15:34 #23058 by Charlotte
what's wrong with the poor horse?

I think I've seen parts of Edge of Tomorrow. But like I said with Terminator, time travel (and I include time loops in that) gives me a headache :P