April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

25 Nov 2018 21:42 #22882 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
What kind of idiot would do that!

I've only seen the first Divergent. (Didn't they abandon it after the second one?) I found it mostly interchangable with The Hunger Games and Maze Runner and many other things.
We should just cut up scenes from all of them and rearrange them into a new blockbuster franchise.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Nov 2018 21:49 #22883 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
Nope, they finished all three. And when I watched I found myself wondering if the planning behind movies for older teens/young adults is the same as for TV and books for kids. Kids can't draw so they don't need good artwork, and teens can't....er... think? I dunno. Apparently they don't need a very good plot, anyway. I didn't see the hunger games but i did see another movie that i kept wondering if it'd turn out to be one of these. Might have been Maze runner if there's more than one of those... So, you're probably right. Put 'em through the shredder and get me some glue. :D

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

25 Nov 2018 23:45 #22884 by Valence
After a bit of googling I worked out that they tried to do that money-grabbing trick of splitting the third Divergent book into two movies and it was that second (fourth?) part that was abandoned.
But don't celebrate yet, it may return as a TV show! :)

26 Nov 2018 14:08 #22887 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park

I found it mostly interchangable with The Hunger Games and Maze Runner and many other things.
We should just cut up scenes from all of them and rearrange them into a new blockbuster franchise.

The first time I saw Maze Runner it was on TV immediately after The Hunger Games, and there is a scene in both films that is identical to one another. So cutting them up and rearranging them wouldn't really have any effect.

I think I saw (or attempted to see) Divergent. I think I lost interest very quickly because it was complete nonsense.

The excuse for the split the last book in to 2 films to make more money is normally "well, the book is so dense and there's so much plot to wrap up", which makes you wonder how it is that all the series that have done this all end up with at least one of those films comprising of people just sitting around doing nothing and getting nowhere for a couple of hours. Like Harry Potter and the Uneventful Camping Trip.

26 Nov 2018 15:31 - 26 Nov 2018 15:36 #22888 by Charlotte
Yeah, the third Divergent film was mostly "I think we should to this" vs "I don't think we should because we shouldn't trust that guy", for like 1.5 hours...

and I can't shut up about one of my gripes. This happens in loads of movies though...
Female character decides to cut her hair off in despair or grief or whatever. She has for her aid 1 grimy window with faint reflection and 1 pair of blunt and/or rusty scissors. She ends up with:

(In this case she also ends up with dark roots after formerly seeming to be a natural strawberry blonde... And why is it that in every dystopian future women can still access hair dyes and other beauty products?)

26 Nov 2018 15:40 - 26 Nov 2018 15:40 #22889 by Banj
"We should wait here until nightfall, just to make sure it's safe."
"OK, what do we do once night falls?"
"We wait. We wait until daybreak to make sure it's safe."
"That's a good plan. Do you think once it's daytime we should wait here?"
"Yes, we should probably wait here for a couple more days just to be sure."
"That's good thinking."
"I thought so."
"Yes, I think it's good for us to wait here before we go and do the thing we need to do."
"Yes, let's just wait until it's time to do that."
"I think so too. And it will be safer then."

26 Nov 2018 15:49 #22890 by Charlotte
wow
you should be a script writer :aha:

26 Nov 2018 16:07 #22891 by Banj
:hmm:

:aha:

26 Nov 2018 16:15 #22892 by Valence
I'm on the edge of my seat! What happens next, Banj?

The only thing I clearly remember about Divergent is the Choosing Ceremony where they pick their "faction". I found myself shouting at the TV in my best Sorting Hat voice, "Gryffindor!"

26 Nov 2018 16:31 #22894 by Banj

I'm on the edge of my seat! What happens next, Banj?

You need to wait until the next (and final, until a new series of films begins in the same universe) film. In which the following happens...

"It's time, we should go and do the thing that we need to do."
"yes, I think you are right, we should go now."
"Yes, I'm glad we waited until it was safe."

They start to go and do the thing they need to do.

"Oh god! It's not safe!"
"No, it's definitely not safe.
"We should have gone earlier, it might have been safer then."
"Soandso just died!"
"Nooooooooooo! Soandso!"
"Quick, lets just do the thing and end this."

They do the thing. It ends.,, one film later than it could have done.