March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

The Trailer Park

13 Nov 2018 12:44 #22767 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
well some of the small pokemon look rather adorable animated but....no.

Grown man to kid: "You wanted to be a pokemon trainer when you were a kid"
Me: "huh?" (am I old???? That's a KID right? :unsure:)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Nov 2018 13:12 - 13 Nov 2018 13:14 #22770 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic The Trailer Park
Well whoever thought of that is going to make a killing, the obsession for Pokemon still goes on, bizarrely and incomprehensiby!

14 Nov 2018 20:50 #22790 by Charlotte
Back from the Crimes of Grindelwald. My friend whom I went with might have missed some refs between movies, not having seen the Potter movies (I dunno how she missed them!) but overall I think she followed along even if she claimed she mostly enjoyed watching the creatures and things exploding and stuff. I enjoyed it too, though I felt there were some places where the acting wasn't the most convincing. A lot of them had at least one line they delivered a bit "out of key" - Depp had a moment of Captain Jack Sparrow early on, I think. But all in all enjoyable, especially the creatures Newt cares for and the "world" where he keeps them. And the niffler had babies!!!! Niffler babies, it hardly gets cuter!

15 Nov 2018 11:58 #22798 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park

Depp had a moment of Captain Jack Sparrow early on

Doesn't he always.

15 Nov 2018 13:26 #22802 by Charlotte
Probably, but I've not really been bothered before. Jack Sparrow and Grindelwald are fairly different characters unlike a lot of Depps characters that all tend to be weird ("excentric") but not "evil"...

22 Nov 2018 11:45 #22852 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic The Trailer Park
Nope, I saw none of that, I just thoroughly enjoyed it!

I love Jacob, his face makes me smile. I noticed the beauty of Johnny Depp sadly disappearing though, that doesn't make me smile.

All in all, bloody good fun!

22 Nov 2018 13:08 #22854 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park

22 Nov 2018 13:23 #22856 by Charlotte
Well, in his defense (Depp's) he seems to be wearing some sort of flaky white pancake makeup as Grindelwald. I'm not sure if it's supposed to look unnatural or not, but it seems that if they wanted it natural they should be able to achieve that... *looks at some googled images* OK, I probably exaggerated that a lot, but that was the impression I got while watching the movie...

23 Nov 2018 12:46 - 23 Nov 2018 12:48 #22865 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
I've never liked Depp in anything and I would be overjoyed if they stopped showing that bizarre aftershave advert where he drives into the desert, sees a bison and then buries his jewellery for no discernible reason. :?

Anyway... it's not that long ago that I saw The Lion King for the very first time. And now I guess I can see it again if I want...

25 Nov 2018 21:15 - 25 Nov 2018 21:17 #22881 by Charlotte
Never saw that ad so had to google it. ironically I had to watch an ad before I could see the ad. And yes, unintelligible... (If that's what you mean by bizarre)

Me, I've just watched one of those comedies about a girl who was a loser in high school but now she's just as pretty and successful as everyone else and everyone falls in love and bla bla bla. I know there's something called feelgood movies, but this obviously wasn't it.

And it reminded me that I've forgotten to rant about the Divergent trilogy which I watched last week. Luckily for you I don't remember too much of what bothered me, but
"This water looks radioactive"
Seriously? What does radioactive water look like? That's right - WATER!!!

:eyeroll:

Oh and PS, Bored Panda mentioned that someone had put images from the old and new Lion King movie side by side "to show how technology has improved since the first movie". Uh...