April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

26 Aug 2018 10:07 #21986 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
I ended up watching "How to stay Single" and "Space Station 76" yesterday. Seems only the fat girl knew how to stay single... As always. And as always (nowadays when fat people are allowed big roles in the first place) they're portrayed as overly indulgent in everything but exercise... I have to say I felt rather annoyed. Despite the title and the claim that it was about 4 single girls in NY, it was all about meeting someone and live happily ever after, anyway.

Space movie was indeed odd. At first I felt that it had taken a fun idea (space in the 70ies) and some characters and just forgotten about the plot, and it ended in the way I usually hate it when movies end, but I thought about it and figured that even the lack of pplot and proper ending was probably "typical" of the 70ies, so... it was probably just making fun of that time in several ways. Including of course the metaphor of the lonely asteroids set in their trajectories untl something unexpected happens, forcing them to change their trajectories but ultimately finding a new one and still remaining alone... :P Have to say I found it amusing how they called other ships through old wire telephones, and looked at the latest fashion discs in an old whatsitcalled... But yes, still an odd movie.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Aug 2018 11:22 #21989 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
The last film I saw was World war Z. It wasn't good. But I can't decide whether it was better or worse than the game of "Find a way to redeem the Sony Pictures UV code that came with the Blu-Ray you just bought" that I spent many hours playing over the weekend.

I think the latter may have had a better ending.

28 Aug 2018 11:54 #21990 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
That's the one with Brad Pitt isn't it? I remember being pleasantly surprised that I wasn't constantly aware that it was him. Don't like him much. But I have a vague memory of wishing he'd wash his hair at least once.... Otherwise I think I recall it as being an OK zombie movie, in parts at least. Most of them are not all good anyway...

I ended up watching "I can never be your woman" last night. I'm not fond of romantic comedies really, but there wasn't much else and I rather like Michelle Pfeiffer. And it was fun, even though I think there MUST be a better haircut for Paul Rudd... (And I don't get why "funny men" have to be so INCREDIBLY silly to make a woman laugh... Same with that movie with Winslet, Diaz, Jack Black and Law - Jack Black was a total embarrassment, why would a woman fall for that? *cringes* ) Anyway I mostly enjoyed the dialogues between mother and daughter, as well as mother and Mother Nature...

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

28 Aug 2018 13:24 #21992 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
World War Z was indeed on TV the other night. I recorded it but have yet to watch. Don't spoil. :) But I don't mind hearing that it's not good in advance, I'm not a great fan of Brad Pitt either so I go into all of his films without high hopes.

01 Sep 2018 21:17 #22042 by Valence
One week on and I have now successfully watched World War Z.

I rather liked the way it was set up and the first hour had me interested. But that wasn't much of an ending, was it? The film just sort of ... stopped. And then Brad Pitt realised that we'd better have a meaningful monologue before the credits roll.
Bit of a missed opportunity.

But now I want to read the book along with the first draft of the screenplay that got so severely rewritten.

03 Sep 2018 10:59 #22044 by Banj

The film just sort of ... stopped. And then Brad Pitt realised that we'd better have a meaningful monologue cool refreshing can of Pepsi, (Pepsi, the refreshing soft drink available at all good retailers) before the credits roll.

Yes, indeed he did. Mmm Pepsi :brb:

03 Sep 2018 11:03 #22045 by Banj
In other news, I have now seen Blade Runner 2049 and... I don't know what to think about it. Somewhat ironically, it all felt a little soulless.

03 Sep 2018 11:47 #22047 by Valence
Within cells interlinked. INTERLINKED! Within cells. CELLS! Interlinked.

I really liked Bladerunner. Parts of it were ripped off from Her but I thought it was a satisfying follow-on from the original.

And I have to confess I didn't notice the Pepsi scene in World War Z. :blush: Maybe it's cos I hate Pepsi and my mind just blocked it out. (It's just so unbearably sweet. :X )
No product placement can match the Transformer movies though. Like the bit with the Beats speaker or the strange obsession with that chinese milk drink.

Sadly my plan to read the World War Z book has been thwarted by my local library not having it in stock. :eyeroll: But a quick google search has led me to two early drafts of the screenplay so they may entertain me for a while next week.
Attachments:

03 Sep 2018 11:56 #22048 by Banj
Cells.

Perhaps my memory of the film isn't my own. :argh::paranoid:

03 Sep 2018 13:26 #22049 by Valence
You've been brainwashed by the Pepsi. :lol: