March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

The Trailer Park

03 Jul 2018 10:04 #21563 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic The Trailer Park
I watched the new Jumanji over the weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it. I've been avoiding it as I didn't really rate the 1st one greatly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Jul 2018 10:29 #21566 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
I'd forgotten about that one. Uhm, and the one I planned to see Sunday. I wonder which one that was... :hmm:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

04 Jul 2018 19:43 - 04 Jul 2018 19:45 #21585 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
I don't think I've sat through all of the 1st Jumanji. I suppose my aversion to Robin Williams makes me switch over at some point although I do recall some very dodgy CGI monkeys.

And speaking of The World's End, while I was looking at some head sculpting videos yesterday YouTube recommended this one for me. Seeing it in a non-movie context just makes it more creepy. There's also a link to a more detailed process video on the YouTube page which is an interesting watch.

22 Jul 2018 23:09 - 22 Jul 2018 23:20 #21743 by Valence
There's clearly been some kind of comic-con thing going on somewhere cos trailers are dropping all over the place.

You know, there just aren't enough super hero movies. :eyeroll:

Or monster movies....

23 Jul 2018 07:59 #21744 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
Game of Thrones is complicating matters by adding Godzilla as a new challenger for the Throne.

23 Jul 2018 10:17 #21745 by Charlotte
:ohmy:
What if Godzilla is related to Dragons? Then Daenarys might not stand a chance! They could turn on her and eat her!

23 Jul 2018 15:14 #21746 by Valence
Maybe that's why the next book is taking so long to write.

Anyway, one more...

23 Jul 2018 16:40 #21747 by Charlotte
Is it half-full or half-empty?

24 Jul 2018 22:49 #21749 by Valence
Even the glasses I see with are half-empty. :lol:

Here's more of that big-eyed girl...

It doesn't really show anything new in terms of story but it's interesting to compare it with the first trailer a few pages back. They seem to have pushed the effect a bit further since then. The rigging of the facial muscles seems a bit more subtle now and the softer lighting brings some extra realism to those eyes.

25 Jul 2018 08:15 #21750 by Charlotte
That decapitated head Val posted above keeps reminding me of a scene in a movie I once saw but I can't recall the name of it. Instead of using my working hours on searching (I've already used up at löeast 30 minutes without success!) I figured I should just give up and ask you geeks. :)

There's some sort of horror/thriller where a group of people are camping or something in an area that has been used for military training or was it something with mental patients.... See, I really don't remember the details... All I remember is that there were soliders/patients still around and they were picking off the group of campers one by one. I don't think all of them were even friends/campers because I seem to remember the only survivors were a couple of prostitutes that escaped in a boat? Gosh, my memories are as messy as my dreams...

The one thing I do remember is that two of the characters discussed how long the brain is alive after decapitation (or a deadly injury to the body) and Damian Lewis's character claimed it was alive for a few minutes or so... And then he got decapitated and you saw his face light up as he realised he'd been right. And then he realised he was pretty much dead...

Been trying to find it by seaching for Damian Lewis films but I can't find it. I'm like 98% certain it was him, though...