March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

The Trailer Park

14 May 2018 13:04 #21126 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
So you've been there. From the contemporary photos it all looks rather modern and kind of over populated for my taste (then, of course, I've never been to London... and we have like 9 million people in a huge country...). Were there still any charming places to go/see?

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 May 2018 13:20 #21127 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
I used to have family there. It's a nice place, kind of a weird alternate reality version of the South of England. They have some good beaches. It's quite a small island with little country lanes, probably the most packed area is St Peter Port (down the bottom right of that pic you posted), which is like most seaside towns.

14 May 2018 13:37 #21128 by Charlotte
We used to spend part of our summers in a seaside town. Not sure it'd qualify as a town, outside Sweden... :P Though to be honest it's way more exploited these days than it was back then...

16 May 2018 19:24 #21138 by Charlotte
Sooo.... I looked at the online TV guide and saw there was a movie on tonight called Raiders. Seemed an OK action thriller kind of thing. Turn on the TV and the film that's showing is called Marauders. So at first I'm wondering if they changed the movie or if I've got the wrong channel - but no... the actors and plot are the same. It's one of those cases where Swedish movie title "translations" make no sense, because they're not actually translations, just name changes. Maybe "they" just figured the word Marauder is too difficult for us Swedes.... :dry:

16 May 2018 22:25 #21139 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
We only get name changes if the movie flops or if they step on the toes of some pre-existing copyright.

In the first case I remember Edge Of Tomorrow turning into Live, Die, Repeat for the DVD release after being marketed terribly for the cinema. (And I enjoyed it too, it's one of the best films about video games without actually being a video game adaptation.)
For the other examples Avengers was Avengers: Assemble here, probably to differentiate it from Steed and Emma Peel for viewers of a certain age. Also Zootopia became Zootropolis because (I think?) of a trademark issue. That one was odd because the city name is mentioned throughout the film and you could clearly see from the characters mouths that they were supposed to be saying "Zootopia." (And I really liked that one too.)

17 May 2018 06:34 #21140 by Charlotte
yeah I think it was zootropolis here as well... Probably an EU wide thing, like that Moana movie where I can't remember which was the original name and which was the new one and which name it is I've forgotten. Vaiana? Hmm... I haven't had a chance to see it yet.

17 May 2018 12:26 #21141 by Banj

For the other examples Avengers was Avengers: Assemble here, probably to differentiate it from Steed and Emma Peel for viewers of a certain age.

You mean Marvel's Avengers Assemble.

17 May 2018 13:13 #21142 by Charlotte
Isn't every avenger movie about them assembling after falling out or something?

17 May 2018 13:23 #21143 by Banj
They should have done a Lego movie version called Marvel's Avengers Assemble: Lego :aha:

17 May 2018 13:26 #21144 by Charlotte
:giggle: