April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

14 Mar 2018 17:32 #20524 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
:giggle: well I don't like people much either :p

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Mar 2018 12:11 #20534 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic The Trailer Park

The last one would have been good if they'd kept it as one movie but cashing in like that left it a bit of an awkward mess. Despite that I do love the animated sequence about the Three Brothers. That was beautifully done and reminded me of that old tv show The Storyteller.

It seems you are seeing this more and more these days. I'm not a big fan of splitting the final segment into multiple movies either, but it seems to be something they are doing a lot more of. And agree about the Three Brothers too, I liked the way they did that part as well.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

16 Mar 2018 14:59 #20550 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
Still not the biggest Avengers fan but...

16 Mar 2018 15:37 #20552 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic The Trailer Park
Looks pretty good. And I am a fan, at least of all those I've seen thus far. ... Though I did recently get to watch the newest Thor movie, (Ragnarok) and thought it sucked horribly!!! :S

I'm not sure what happened there, but the writing, story telling, and everything else was such a waste. It could have been so much more, but they definitely crapped out with that one. (For me at least)

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

16 Mar 2018 18:43 #20553 by Charlotte
I can no longer keep track of which marvel movies I've missed...
But I did see Ragnarok and rather enjoyed it. I still don't care for Marvels made up hierarchy (Loki and Thor being brothers, Odin their father and Hel their sister...) but I felt the "wackiness" of Ragnarok was similar to the old norse stories about Thor and Loki :)

17 Mar 2018 17:42 #20558 by Charlotte
Right. Just back from Tomb Raider with Alicia Vikander as a young Lara. There was an awful lot of grunting and whimpering on her part but who can blame her when she keeps being beaten up by both people and environment... I kind of think Alicia looks a bit "too sweet" for a character like Lara but she did well, and certainly got her stubborness to show...

One Q - If her father disappeared with a ship that never came back, how could she find the ship in the harbour again 7 years later?

17 Mar 2018 17:54 #20560 by Valence
I hope it's better than the first films.
They were a complete waste of a franchise and seemed to be made by people who didn't understand what made the games so successful.

17 Mar 2018 17:58 #20561 by Charlotte
:P I never played the games so I'm not qualified to judge. But I thought it was Lara's bust and shorts that made the whole thing a success?

11 Apr 2018 08:20 #20778 by Charlotte
Oh dear. I've completely forgotten about the local cinema lately. Missed Ready Player One and if I want to see Pacific Rim, the uprising, the last chance is tonight. At least I haven't missed Avengers: Infinity Wars or the next Deadpool. Yet.

11 Apr 2018 20:03 - 11 Apr 2018 20:05 #20784 by Valence
Even though I frequently (too frequently!) whinge about my indifference to Marvel/Superhero movies I am still happy to watch (and rewatch) them when I get the chance. But not Deadpool.
I really, really didn't like Deadpool. At all. Nope.

I don't know why (or maybe I do, perhaps I should just blame Ryan Reynolds) but it just instantly annoyed me and continued all the way through.