April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

10 Feb 2018 18:16 - 10 Feb 2018 18:16 #20232 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
There's a Swedish show called Modus? :dumb:

(Frankly I never even give Swedish TV shows or movies a chance these days, because I've been disappointed too many times... I googled it and it seems the second season is considered less "impressive" than the first...)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Feb 2018 18:45 #20255 by Charlotte

I have no idea who or what "they" are, but this forum kind of reminds me, lately. We're probably quite safe here...

15 Feb 2018 19:42 #20256 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
:paranoid:

16 Feb 2018 14:44 #20261 by Charlotte
:zzz:

16 Feb 2018 15:25 #20262 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
Hmm, I never knew that Batman was a some kind of ninja samurai in ancient Japan.

Anime is weird. Very weird.

16 Feb 2018 17:06 #20264 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic The Trailer Park
I don’t understand much of what’s being talked about in here! :D

18 Feb 2018 20:43 #20289 by Charlotte
Just back from Black Panther. Not entirely sure how I feel about it... Basically a long intro? And with an awful lot of fighting considering how peaceful the wakandians were supposed to be :P But nice environments and lots of cool women. Always nice when girls are allowed to be more than eye-candy. :excited:

Speaking of which, I never bothered watching the previous Ocean's movies (and heist movies are generally not my thing, I prefer rooting for the good guys), but I think I just might try to catch this one:

19 Feb 2018 13:07 #20292 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
One of the (many) things that irritate me about the Marvel universe is their use of made-up countries.
If Iron Man gets to strut around New York then I don't see why other characters don't deserve to get their own real life origins and stories without conjuring up Wakanda, Sokovia and Latveria. It just seems a lazy, cop-out.

19 Feb 2018 13:20 #20293 by Charlotte
I don't really care much. I guess I'd rather have Iron Man in a made up big city :P But I guess it's part of their original comic series origins? *wouldn't know as I haven't read them*. Then again... seeing how "special" Wakanda is it would be kind of hard to put it smack in some other country... and you can always pretend it's a "tribal country" not adhering to today's borders...

It does bug me a bit that apparently there were two extra scenes during the credits at the end, and I only saw one of them. I realised there might be more as others stayed and watched but figured it wouldn't be anything particularly interesting. When I later read about it, I realised it explained the comment from Shuri "great, another little white boy for us to patch up" (or something similar). I rather wish that when they put etxra scenes in the credits or after the credits, that they would let you know at the end of the movie to stay put...

Of course i didn't see the two other marvel movies that apparently somehow tied in with that extra scene I missed so... I guess I didn't really miss anything I needed to see :P

19 Feb 2018 13:38 #20294 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
At least Thor comes from a real place.