March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

The Trailer Park

05 Feb 2018 21:32 #20175 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
Superbowl =Late Night + Movie Trailers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Feb 2018 01:23 #20177 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic The Trailer Park
Yeah, I'm looking forward to the first two. ... Sadly, I really enjoyed the Jurassic Park movies, at least the first three and thought they actually pulled off the three quite well. (Especially since I don't like a lot of sequels, and think most fail miserably) But after those, I had no interest in 4 and this one seems similar.

But I do have hopes for the other two... :)

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

10 Feb 2018 13:11 #20222 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
I have the option to see Mad Max tonight. I've never seen it, only heard of it. Usually they show the Thunderdome one. Which I haven't seen either, I think. I mean, I've seen parts of it but I don't think I ever bothered to watch all of it.

Anyhow I tried watching the trailer for Mad max and it was horrid. The music, the narration, the old grainy images... :P Mostly the noise. OMG the noise... :argh:

so should I watch it? :P

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

10 Feb 2018 13:18 - 10 Feb 2018 13:19 #20223 by Charlotte
speaking of nothing - or rather, after watching the SOLO teaser above.... How hard can it be to find actors that look a bit like Harrison Ford? Neither his young self (Han Solo's self) or his son Kylo looks anything like him. And Kylo doesn't look like mama Leia either. :hmm: Maybe he's adopted.

10 Feb 2018 14:53 #20226 by Valence
Is it the old, original movie?
I was never a fan of the Mad Max series. I just don't "get it". :dunno:
The new one (Fury Road) is watchable when it finally slows down but for a lot of the time it is just one long car chase.
So if it were up to me, I'd pass on the old ones and rewatch the new one, but probably do some sketching/reading while it's on. :)

It doesn't bother me too much when an actor doesn't look/sound like the older actor (and as everyone is pointing out, River Phoenix was fine as young Indy) as long as they do a good job of being the character.
For this one I was a bit sceptical of the casting but he won me over by the end of the trailer by the way he smirked at the girl and then at the end told everyone that everything's fine. He did seem like Han to me then. But even so I'm still not sure that this is a great idea for a Star Wars movie, and yet I'll still watch it ... eventually.

It can also be quite distracting when actors try too hard to sound like previous versions of the character. Ewan McGregor just about got away with it but if you watch the Clone Wars kids tv show you have some voice over actor doing an impression of Ewan McGregor doing an impression of Alec Guinness. And that's just weird. :lol:

10 Feb 2018 17:17 #20227 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
The original Mad Max is very different from the rest of the series of films. Mad Max was a post apocalyptic revenge thriller, while Road Warrior, Beyond Thunderdome, and the recent Fury Road are basically reworkings of the same reluctant guy helps needy group to become mythical folk hero.

Fury Road is pretty much the chase sequences from 2 and 3 slapped together with a dull bit of not much in the middle, and with Max becoming a secondary character in his own film. I liked it as a piece of visual spectacle, but still consider the second film to be the best of the series.

10 Feb 2018 17:43 #20228 by Charlotte
It would be the original, from 1979.

and uh... did River Phoenix play young Indy? I've like only heard about him being dead and acting in one movie (a Stephen King story I think? or not... er... something about a bunch of boys. Never seemed very interesting to me...) *Googles* hmm that outfit looks familiar. Can't remember more than that, though... was he young in like flashbacks or something?

10 Feb 2018 18:04 #20229 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
He's Young Indy in the opening of The Last Crusade. You are thinking of Stand by Me based on Stephen Kings short story The Body" (which is both a good film and a good short story).

10 Feb 2018 18:08 #20230 by Charlotte
I guess I just never knew who played young Indy... and Stand by me is good song, though I've heardit way too much and find it a bit boring these days :P

10 Feb 2018 18:09 - 10 Feb 2018 18:10 #20231 by Valence
It was the opening sequence of Last Crusade.
I also remember a young Indy TV show starring ... some other guy.

Speaking of TV, is the Swedish show Modus any good? Season 2 starts tonight but I didn't see the first one so I may not know what's going on. :lol:
Still, there's nothing else on so I may as well give the first episode a try before exploring my pile of DVDs.

Edit: And Banj types faster than me. :lol: