March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

The Trailer Park

11 Jan 2018 17:49 #19823 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
I haven't followed it enough to know all the backs and forths of the plotline... I remember not liking it much at the beginning so I guess I kind of like it better now. maybe. I can't really recall what I disliked, maybe the constant Mulder will believe anything, Scully nothing.

I probably shouldn't mention but there was a kind of Bobby comes out of the shower thing going on as well, with the first episode this season... Not quite, but enough to have me worried for a bit.

In general I prefer shows to have a determined plotline and ending (at least a proper ending of the season and a new plotline for a new season) or stand alone episodes. I hate it when you just get more and more confused about what's really going on and what was real and what wasn't because they changed it later etc... Not to mention all those supernatural type shows where people die and come back as if that's nothing... Granted they always claim it's impossible, but even so they seem to come up with one or two new ways each season...

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Jan 2018 15:47 #19878 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic The Trailer Park
I too am a fan of X-Files, and just watched the first two episodes for this new season this past week. (Won't mention anything as to be spoilers, but yes, they have had times when the stories were better and some not as much. ... But I understand what everyone is saying, and they do tend to jump around, but the main reason I like that it's back is because I always like the characters of Mulder and Scully, and they really worked well together. Also, compared to other shows that are offered these days, anything they do is better than the other crap on TV these days.

Seems the only few shows I do watch these days, are mostly on AMC or BBC. Other then that, I just watch movies here and there.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

15 Jan 2018 15:55 #19879 by Charlotte
Oh that reminds me. I don't think I've seen the second episode yet. And here I've been wishing there was something to watch :P I watched episode 1 on Wednesday but thought it was Thursday and new episodes are made available on thursdays... so I was a bit annoyed that they seemed (to me) to be made available on fridays. Which they weren't. And then I forgot all about them.

15 Jan 2018 17:22 #19880 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic The Trailer Park
Which series of the X Files is this? I always loved the show, definitely some up and down episodes but as you say Dave, it’s better than most of what is on TV nowadays

15 Jan 2018 17:45 #19881 by Charlotte
last season. from 2017, I believe?

15 Jan 2018 21:25 - 15 Jan 2018 21:26 #19884 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
The new, new one is season 11 and it's apparently "coming soon" for us, Kaz.

And in a bit of thread switching, one of the joys of watching the older reruns was seeing the number of now-famous people who had guest roles in that show. And Shia LeBoeuf (fresh from the Totally Random discussion) appeared as a child in one! Jack Black had a bit part alongside Giovanni Ribisi in one of my fave episodes but the funniest sight was seeing a rather chubby Ryan Reynolds getting killed off. :)

(Oh, and I also like Shia LeBoeuf as Indy's kid, so ban me too! I really don't understand the hate for that movie. It's waaay better than Temple Of Doom.)

16 Jan 2018 01:03 #19885 by Digital Dave
For those interested, and if you can access from your location, they air the previous shows on www.fox.com (At least here in the US) ... I actually didn't watch Season 10, since I wasn't watching much regular TV, I wasn't aware it had came on.

But I watched those 6 episodes and then watched the first two from this year (season 11) and now have Sling.TV recording all new episodes from here on, which airs on Wednesday's here. ... But yep Kaz, it is way better than watching the other stuff they offer these days.

16 Jan 2018 09:04 #19886 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic The Trailer Park
ooh i'll look forward to the X Files then! I knew nothing about a new series, I thought you were all talking about the mini series from a few years ago.

I thought Shia LeBoeuf was seriously miscast in Indy, no way was he a 'cool' kid, but like you Val, I loved that movie, one of the best Indy's I thought.

I liked Shia in the Transformers movie, until I found out what an absolute d*ck he apparently is, now I can't stand him

16 Jan 2018 12:35 #19887 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park

one of the best Indy's I thought.

Everyone's getting banned :shakefist:

16 Jan 2018 12:42 - 16 Jan 2018 12:46 #19888 by Digital Dave
Yeah, I think a lot of folks feel that way about him. I thought he was ok in Transformers too and he even did Eagle Eye, which I also liked. But then he started doing all that crazy stuff and acting like an total ass. He turned a lot of people off.

I've also always been an Indiana Jones fan, liking the first one best (Which is usually the case) but wasn't too fond of that particular role he was in either.