April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

02 Apr 2023 14:53 #45051 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
:blink:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Apr 2023 11:56 #45054 by Charlotte
Apparently blue aliens come from the planet Kalua. :dumb:

03 Apr 2023 13:25 #45055 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
I have now seen A Quiet Place 2 (a quieter place? actually a slightly louder place from what I saw). It was a pretty decent sequel even though it wasn't particularly necessary, and maybe went overboard with the parallel action. I enjoyed it almost as much as the first one. Now to wait for the third one... The Quietest Place: Peace at Last

I have now also seen The Hunt (not to be confused with The Hunt), which was controversial because a load of people that hadn't seen it objected to what they thought it was, and what it was was far less interesting than what they thought (as with most controversial films). A social satire that isn't really satirical enough or particularly funny, but it was mildly entertaining and had a decent fight scene that went on far too long (and also wasn't as amusing as it thought it was). Mostly a bit forgettable, but only about 90 minutes so yay.

03 Apr 2023 14:20 #45056 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park

...but only about 90 minutes so yay.

More films should be just 90 minutes. :aha:

I'm getting to the end of The Night Agent, just one more episode to watch tonight, and it's been surprisingly enjoyable. It's not remotely original and certainly not anything that will be remembered as a classic, but still entertaining in that 24 kind of way.

03 Apr 2023 14:40 #45057 by Banj

...but only about 90 minutes so yay.

More films should be just 90 minutes. :aha:

I think they were both about the same length.

04 Apr 2023 10:21 #45064 by Charlotte
Still watching Supergirl. And a weapon so terrible that not even robots and holograms will speak of it was unleashed. Unstoppable, they all said. And then they stopped it by giving a speech via an old TV station. :dry:

04 Apr 2023 11:37 #45065 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
I had a lovely internet outage last night despite them increasing their prices by nearly 20%. :rage:
But before it disappeared I did get to start Rings of Power. :stare:

Legend tells that there may come a time when the strength of men fails, when darkness may cover the lands and maybe, just maybe, young Galadriel's opening voiceover may come to an end. :dry:
And is that Lenny Henry again?
At least he's not a baddie in this but he does sound like he's just arrived from Skellige.

The first episode was pretty good for the most part even if one of the fight scenes did look a bit video gamey when Galadriel took on a Skyrim Frost Troll and defeated it with some literal dodge-rolling.

04 Apr 2023 11:58 #45066 by Charlotte
Geez, doesn't she know you should just wingardium leviosa your wand up its nose?

In Swedish news today there's an article about how rings of power was a flop because only 45 % of the viewers watched it 'til the end...

04 Apr 2023 13:39 #45067 by Banj
I am Iron Ma... Blue Beetle

Why wont they just die??? 

take a classic story and stick some kids on bikes because that's trendy right now.

I am Spider-(Wo)Mans Again

04 Apr 2023 15:25 #45069 by Charlotte
1. "I think it likes me" :giggle: @ facehugger
2. If this is a dead city, where the heck were they before? The beach? The woods? A road? :dumb: (I dunno, I never actually watched them)
3. Another version of the stupid advanced alien race who comes here to eat us and turn out to be allergic. Like they wouldn't make sure of such things before invading.
4. Colourful, again. Confusing me, again. These spiderverse things just give me sensory overload.