April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

30 Dec 2017 23:23 #19698 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
Have tried to watch Exodus: of Gods and Kings (or was it Kings and Gods...)
First thought was, if Moses grew up thinking an egyptian woman was his mother, why didn't he dress, wear his hair and paint his eyes like them? The eye thing isn't just makeup - many desert people use it for some reason I can't recall, but it has a practical purpose.
That was pretty much the only thing I could think of and when he got married after knowing someone for what seemed a day or so, I grew bored. Bedtime.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 Dec 2017 13:02 #19699 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
The only thing I remember about that movie is that it was very poor and I kept wondering why they had bothered making it. :dunno:

Last night I watched Fantastic Beasts... and was slightly underwhelmed by the flimsy story. It ended up feeling rather episodic as Eddie Redmayne tried to catch a special effect. Then another one. And another one. Etc.
And I can't believe it started with the old identical cases mix-up. :eyeroll:
But it was vaguely entertaining for a Saturday night. :)

31 Dec 2017 13:30 #19700 by Charlotte
I have yet to see that one.

31 Dec 2017 14:17 #19701 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic The Trailer Park
I loved fantastic beasts! It was just magical whimsy ?

31 Dec 2017 15:12 #19702 by Charlotte
is that a question or are you trying to post emojis from your cellphone again? :p

31 Dec 2017 16:04 #19703 by Valence
I liked the American setting, the expansion of the worldbuilding and the bits about Grindelwald (although I can personally always do without Johnny Depp in a film.)
I just would have liked more of that instead of scene after scene after scene of floppy haired Newt catching another beast.
The whole film kinda felt like a filled out prologue to a story rather than an actual story.
But it was still enjoyable to a certain extent and it'll be interesting to see what they do with the next films.

Anyway, tonight I shall be watching Guardians Of The Galaxy 2.

31 Dec 2017 16:19 #19704 by Charlotte
Maybe you need to like floppy haired Newt :P
But I guess that's also a problem when they decide to make several movies instead of just the one - that the story isn't really enough to carry all of them.

I've yet to see Guardians 2 as well...
I guess I might go see Jumanji on the 10th, if only to see Jack Black freak out like a teenage girl. Come to think of it, though, I think both Black and teenage girls can be rather "high pitched" and annoying... :unsure:

01 Jan 2018 15:32 #19721 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
My only criticism of Exodus would be that Moses really doesn't seem to have much to do with the events of the story, kind of like the joke about being able to remove Indiana Jones from Raiders of the Lost Ark without having any impact on the outcome.

01 Jan 2018 21:29 #19728 by Charlotte
Watching the oldest Jurassic Park again. Been a while since I've seen it from the beginning. Still cool - I'd so be one of those daft people who wants to go there....

In 20 minutes, though, Dracula Untold begins and I haven't seen that one at all... So what to choose... :hmm:

01 Jan 2018 22:35 #19729 by Valence
My favourite scene is about 20 minutes into that movie ("They're moving in herds. They DO move in herds.") so don't switch over before that. :lol:
I actually watched Jurassic Park twice last week when I couldn't find anything else on. It never gets old for me even though the textures are a little blurry. :)

Also I enjoyed Guardians... 2 last night (I cranked up the volume to drown out the New Year fireworks.) I thought it was better than the first one (although I realise I'm in a minority there.) It still had all the gags but this time didn't undermine the story with too much flippant silliness (and yes, I do mean the dance-off at the end.)