March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

The Trailer Park

17 Dec 2022 20:19 #43398 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
Just finished Fringe and I am quite certain I never saw the whole series before... I'm pretty certain I saw nothing of season 5, not so sure about where I stopped watching it, though.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Dec 2022 00:32 #43402 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
The first two seasons were my favourite. I seemed to lose interest each time they kept adding another universe. :dry:

I am now watching The Batman.
The.
Batman.
:stare:

18 Dec 2022 09:42 #43404 by Charlotte
Not A Batman, then... :dry:

18 Dec 2022 12:48 #43405 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
The. :stare:

It was pretty good for most of the time. A bit like Se7en but with The Brad Pitt replaced by The Batman. :)
It was only during the unneccessary, overlong ending that it started to feel like just another superhero movie.

But I didn't fall asleep! :ohmy:

18 Dec 2022 12:56 #43406 by Charlotte
:ohmy:

:zzz:

18 Dec 2022 16:45 - 18 Dec 2022 18:33 #43407 by Charlotte
Having been most gruesomely electrocuted and thrown against a wall to my death, in Skyrim, I decided on a break and a film. Finding Mansfield Park available I decided to watch it - I definitely haven't seen this version and I recently started to reread the book but Fanny Price was never my favourite heroine, and I didn't get very far. So I decided I could watch the film instead. Anyhow... I only just started it but it seems Aunt Norris's lines are identical to the book so far, while Fanny herself is quite different. She's got more confidence and and seems to enjoy making up gruesome stories (probably about Skyrim adventurers being electrocuted) which she then tells her sister who was actually a brother in the book. I wonder if little Susy will be sent to sea, too? Probably not... Anyhow, she also wrote a short history of England, as well - which is something Jane Austen did, not Fanny. So far I'm finding it a slightly odd mix of adhering strictly to some parts of the book and going off script entirely for others... And I'm not even 15 minutes in :dry:

Edit: And it wasn't until I recognised Hugh Bonneville as Mr Rushworth that I realised it must be older than I thought, though I recognised several actors and they did all look young(er).... It's from 1999/2000. 

Edit2: I might have to finish the book after all, because besides rushing through most of what I seem to recall from the book, the film also added stuff that I'm pretty sure wasn't there. Sir Thomas Bertram was, as I recall, a nice but reserved man who frightened young Fanny because he didn't smile enough. The film Sir Bertram was ... ew. And I've always recalled one of the boys dying but he didn't. Maybe he didn't in the book either... But I'm certain Fanny never walked in on those two, in the middle of, you know... :blink: Although I do think I recall some of the consequences. 

Anyhow, my plan was to watch a film and crochet, but Gandalf decided I was to be a cat pillow for most of the time, so... I think I got around 30 stitches, 1st row. :dumb: 

19 Dec 2022 14:36 - 19 Dec 2022 14:47 #43416 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park

Saturday night. Warriors of Future. Clunkily named and probably poorly translated title for a big budget sci-fi action thing from Hong Kong. A bit very rubbish.

Sunday. While Ironing. The Wrath of Khan. Great. well made and well written. Glad nobody has ever attempted to remake it in any way  nobody ever has attempted this... in any way.

Sunday. After Ironing and while wrapping Christmas presents. Star Trek III: The Search for Spock. Not as great as the previous film. Still better than any Star Trek film after number 6 (yes, apparently they made some after that but they were all rubbish, so just stick with the first 6 films and you'll be fine). Strangely censored (apparently repeatedly kicking a Klingon in the face is unacceptable and should not be encouraged).

I'm sure I also watched something else last night but I can't actually remember what it was 

EDIT - I remember now, it was the documentary Is that black enough for you? 

19 Dec 2022 14:49 #43417 by Charlotte
And was it black enough for you?
:dumb:

19 Dec 2022 14:54 #43418 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
Generally it was interesting enough, but it had a few black actors/directors etc. popping up every so often to say nothing much of any real substance.

19 Dec 2022 14:59 #43419 by Charlotte
It's the law. People saying nothing much have to be in every documentary about people or events in the entertainment industry. And also in some others.