April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

02 Sep 2022 17:27 - 02 Sep 2022 18:24 #41941 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
I'm rather enjoying a Discovery of Witches, though it is on the corny side. (Not that it aims to be, it seems to be among the supernatural series that takes itself quite seriously.) I recognise names and such from the book but nothing at all of events, so that's nice. And apart from an annoying prologue, identical for every episode, there's no voice narrative either, so that's nice too. But then there are things that are just ridiculous as well, especially when it's supposed to be getting "dramatic". Or when the 1500 or so years old vampire explains how his (equally old) mother no longer rides a particular horse because she prefers them calmer now she's getting on in years. :dumb: Maybe the horses are immortal vampires too?

Edit: I'm also finding it ironic that the vampire told the witch in the first episode something about how things are meant to be, like "she was born to have blonde hair", yet in the current episode her dark roots are around a decimeter long... 

Edit2: Oh dear... Their professions of love (and their poses when acting out "dramatic" scenes while making said professions) are probably the most cliché stuff I've ever seen.  Like when 30 year old witch tells 1500 years old vampire that she wants to kill everyone who ever hurt him as if 1) that's romantic and 2) anyone of those people are still alive. He'd just mentioned the war in which he'd gotten one of the scars. (Yes, vampires get scars in this universe. And apparently they chew on entrails while "drinking blood" too.)

OK, maybe I'm not enjoying it so much after all. 

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Sep 2022 11:24 #41944 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
I watched that when it was on normal TV and never really got in to it. At the start they didn't really "explain" the world or its history very well so everything relied on you caring about that one main character and I guess I didn't care enough. :P
It does have some interesting moments along the way but I feel you really need to have read the books to enjoy it.

Last night Netflix showed me a trailer of a Full Metal Alchemist movie and I ended up being tempted to click Play.

It was absolutely awful. I only managed to tolerate 10 minutes before quitting on it. :lol:
So I switched to some Star Trek Voyager episodes and fell asleep. :)

03 Sep 2022 12:27 #41945 by Charlotte
So Star Trek is good for something :p

04 Sep 2022 14:52 - 04 Sep 2022 14:53 #41949 by Valence
I watched The Sea Beast last night and it was sort of OK. :S
I liked most of the artwork and animation but the story/writing was a little weak and the actual beasts were my least favourite part of it. They looked a little to shiny and gaudy like plastic toys and their designs were a little too similar to those other popular animated beasties from another film. :)

04 Sep 2022 16:15 #41950 by Charlotte
Sea Beast is still on my to watch list. I so rarely feel like watching an entire movie and then I end up watching three episodes in a row of a series, instead :dumb:

07 Sep 2022 18:59 #41965 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic The Trailer Park
Well, just checking in and catching up some... but boy, it's a long read!   But there's just been a ton of stuff going on, and yep, I'm still working on the basement. Took some time to make some more changes, so it's taking more time. But it's getting there. So I just haven't had much free time to check in or even be on-line when not working, and staying pretty much wiped out here lately too. But did watch a load of stuff myself whilst working. Way too many to list here, but I damn near cleared my queue on Netflix! And there was plenty on there not all that long ago. Just a few mentions...

I also watched the third season of Locke & Key, and wasn't impressed either. I was hoping for more for that series, especially after the first season.

Finally watched the Bridgerton seasons, after having it sit for quite a while in the queue. Wasn't bad overall.

Watched the The Lincoln Lawyer series, which I liked more than I thought I would.

Re-watched the Black Mirror Series recently whilst working in the basement.

Watched the Bloodline series, and it wasn't bad overall, but like some others, the final season is always lacking.

Finished watching Aquarius finally. Watched the first two seasons a while back and forgot the third, so re-watched it all. 

Watched a ton of other series too, where most only had one season so far and some I'm waiting for additional seasons...  Pieces of Her, Archive 81, BioHackers, Shadow & Bone, Warrior Nun, October Faction, The Order, just to name a few.

I also have watched the first couple episodes of the House of the Dragon, just haven't gotten to the third one yet, since I do usually try to watch some stuff when I'm not working. (Which has been rare) 

But I also watch all the Soccer Games, so this too helps fill in the time-gaps when working. Both for work, as well as when I'm working on the house.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

07 Sep 2022 19:12 #41967 by Charlotte
Might have been a while, but it's always good to see you here Dave :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Digital Dave

07 Sep 2022 19:16 #41969 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic The Trailer Park
Thanks, Charlotte. I do miss checking in with you folks and seeing everyone. Hell, half the stuff folks see on FB is my Wife replying for me!   ... She'll tell me this person asked me this or that, and she will reply back for me. (Not that I even fool with FB much myself.) 

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

08 Sep 2022 20:25 #41980 by Charlotte
I'm now on season 3 of a Discovery of Witches and I still don't know in what way Demons (or Daemons) are different from humans. But at least it kind of feels like things are actually moving forward a bit now. :dry:

08 Sep 2022 20:38 - 08 Sep 2022 20:39 #41981 by Valence
That was exactly the kind of explainy stuff that was lacking throughout most of the episodes.

I've gone back to the final season of House Of Cards after remembering that I'd previously had a "short" break from it. :dumb:
It is a rather different show after the enforced changes but still entertaining if you can put up with an entire cast of awful people. :)