April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

06 Aug 2022 18:52 #41645 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
Haven't started Sandman yet. Stranger things could have been completely wrapped up in a fraction of the time, the majority of the final two episodes was redundant padding on top of the filler we already had up to that point. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Aug 2022 13:21 #41659 by Banj
I have now seen the first four episodes of Sandman, and it is OK. They appear to be sticking reasonably close to the original comic (minus all the DC related stuff they can't use) although they are racing through it fairly quickly. My only real complaint so far is that it feels a little flat and lacking in dramatic tension.

08 Aug 2022 14:02 #41660 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
I've still only watched two episodes. Yesterday I watched the end of Supernatural season 5 and started on season 6, which left me feeling a bit underwhelmed. I didn't watch the whole first episode, yet, though, so it might change. It's just that at the end of season 5, Sam is dragged into a Hell pit prison and then in season 6 it turns out that he was pretty much immediately rescued from there and has been around for a year while Dean's been mourning him. And Dean is more upset about Sam being alive for a year than curious about what the heck happened, it seems. Might be logical, but for me it seems that they are upset at or worried by the wrong things... :dry:

(That's pretty much been the case throughout, though)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

11 Aug 2022 14:40 #41673 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
I'm now half way through The Sandman and enjoying it although it could do with a bit more drama to go with the nice visuals. That confrontation with Lucifer was rather trite and anticlimactic. However the diner episode was brilliantly tense and compelling. Hopefully there'll be more of that sort of thing towards the end.

I've also finished season one of The Crown which continues to be a well-made and very watchable show. :stare:

11 Aug 2022 16:16 - 11 Aug 2022 16:17 #41674 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
How do you know what it continues to be if it was season 1? :dumb:

I still haven't seen more of Sandman, but I think I'll get back to it, eventually. The whole scene with Lucifer was in a FB ad/trailer. If that was indeed the confrontation. A silly game, it seemed to me. (Edit: Though I did giggle a bit when she started off by saying she was a dire wolf...)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

11 Aug 2022 16:24 #41675 by Valence
It may stop continuing. Or it could continue continuing. :dumb:

11 Aug 2022 16:25 #41676 by Banj
Could be worse, Lucifer could have done a song and dance routine 

13 Aug 2022 00:02 #41681 by Valence
Hmmm, the second half of The Sandman is very, very different from the first five episodes. :S
It's like two separate stories written by different authors.

Still have one to go...

13 Aug 2022 13:28 - 13 Aug 2022 13:29 #41682 by Banj

Hmmm, the second half of The Sandman is very, very different from the first five episodes. :S
It's like two separate stories written by different authors.

Still have one to go...

It is two stories. The TV series encompasses the first two trade paper backs "Preludes and Nocturns" and "The Doll's House". Episode six (which was my favourite in the TV series) is both the epilogue to the first book, and the prologue to the second book. It's all written by Neil Gaiman, but it could be argued that The Doll's House is where Sandman really begins and he starts to get into his stride and work out what  he's doing with the character and universe.

13 Aug 2022 14:48 #41683 by Valence
Yeah, six was a good one too even if it did feel a bit like an episode of Doctor Who. In fact a lot of the writing reminded me of Doctor Who when it focused on personal stories rather than the more epic supernatural stuff and that tonal shift is a bit jarring at times.

Warning: Spoiler!