March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

The Trailer Park

15 Nov 2017 17:32 #19214 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
The only recent DC films I've seen are Suicide Squad (which was a whole load of nothing and a complete waste of two hours) and Batman Vs Superman which was surprisingly reasonable until that weird bit about 40mins in (which may be related to this new film.) After that it plummeted further downhill, with Wonder Woman being the only watchable part of it, which seems an odd thing to say about a film with Batman and Superman in the title.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Nov 2017 17:36 #19215 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
I only saw the headline/blurb of a review of Justice League but it also implied Wonder Woman saved the day. You didn't see the actual Wonder Woman movie? I quite enjoyed that - lots of girl power :P

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

15 Nov 2017 17:50 - 15 Nov 2017 17:51 #19216 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic The Trailer Park
Valerian wasn't bad. Not a great movie, but I thought it was fun enough to watch. Kind-of felt like they took, Star Wars, Avatar, Blade Runner and Doctor Who and squishing them all together into one movie. :)

I also enjoyed the Wonder Woman movie as well.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

15 Nov 2017 20:44 #19220 by Valence
Haven't seen Wonder Woman but the trailer did look impressive. I'll definitely look out for it when it's on TV.

Valerian is one of those things where the source material predates most of the other stuff but the film adaptation arrives too late and ends up seeming unoriginal.
The same thing will happen to Neuromancer if they ever get around to filming it. Everyone will think it's a ripoff of The Matrix.

18 Nov 2017 07:15 #19236 by Charlotte
I usually have a very hard time getting out of bed in the morning... but today, being Saturday, I can't sleep. Yay. So... I found this:

18 Nov 2017 19:50 #19239 by Valence
I didn't even know about those movies and they're already on the second sequel! :huh: I guess I'm officially out of touch with movies now. :)

And if you do go to see Justice League then you should apparently pay attention to Superman's top lip. I've been hearing/reading a lot about the non-moustache.
:moustache-smiley:

18 Nov 2017 21:03 #19240 by Charlotte
I didn't go... Guess I'll have to get the DVD. And I had to read up on the moustache issue... I didn't even know Superman was in this movie (nor that he died in another - oops, spoiler...) but it seems it would be easier to have the actor shave and wear a fake moustache, than to make him NOT shave and then edit every darn frame of the movie?

Speaking of moustachios... whatever happened to the movember sketches? We had some in October and then.... nothing :blink:

18 Nov 2017 22:07 #19241 by Valence
It's not the whole movie, just the reshoots. So even if the film is rubbish you can at least play the game where you try to spot the footage added later. A bit like Fantastic Four with Kate Mara's hilarious hair-then-wig-then-hair-again.

Attachments:

19 Nov 2017 11:25 #19245 by Charlotte
hmm seems to be another movie I never saw... :that's not Jessica Alba:

20 Nov 2017 11:39 #19250 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
Screw Hack Snyder's Justice League, I'm far more interested in seeing this...